PDA

View Full Version : Sword Reflect

sps999
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Is it possible to make it so if you slash a projectile (fireball magic etc.) it will go backwords in other (words the same thing what the mirror shield would do.)It would be very cool for a ganondorf battle (not just making screen by screen moving).

Master_of_Power
08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
An OoT Ganondorf battle can be scripted using freeform combos and scripts :P

Perhaps ShadowMancer could help you with that? I suck at scripting right now, I need documentation! :P

ShadowMancer
08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Okay, got your PM sps999 , I'm working on the script now. Just to let you know the enemy attack will actually be a FFC of the Damage Combo type, so it won't be able to be blocked by a sheild(but I don't think that is a concern of yours) Just need to know if you will have slash or not at the point you fight the boss (this will matter for collision purposes) I don't think there is a way to detect if Link has Slash via script right now but I will check, um can't think of anything else right now except like I said i've never played OoT (yes everyone can shoot me now :p ) but if the battle is similar to the wizard battle in LttP then I get the idea.

sps999
08-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Ok, I will have slash by then but if it doesn't work with slash it won't matter.

Russ
08-25-2007, 02:15 AM
except like I said i've never played OoT (yes everyone can shoot me now :p ) but if the battle is similar to the wizard battle in LttP then I get the idea.

It is almost the same except he bounces it back to you and you go back and forth until he messes up. I am not very goud at scripting, but I believe you could use rand to make his mess ups somewhat random. And just so you know, if the finished script works, your reputation is going to go sky high.

And by the way

(yes everyone can shoot me now :p )

POW!

And shouldn't this thread be moved to the script request forum?

Nicholas Steel
08-25-2007, 06:27 AM
ganon or ganondwarf? they are 2 different battles in OoT.

ShadowMancer
08-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I figured out a different way to do collision checking, so it does not matter if you have slash or not. The reflect may not be 100% acurate to the position of the sword as I am going to base it on the FFC's relitive position to Link (so in essence the FFC will 'bounce' off of Link when hit by a sword) I figured out the whole thing (in my mind) while at work today now to script it :D

except he bounces it back to you and you go back and forth until he messes up
If I am reading this right, you are saying that the enemy also strikes at the reflected magic and reflects it again towards Link? That would be doable just make a random chance that mr evil guy misses his deflect shot now and then.

sps999
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I figured out a different way to do collision checking, so it does not matter if you have slash or not. The reflect may not be 100% acurate to the position of the sword as I am going to base it on the FFC's relitive position to Link (so in essence the FFC will 'bounce' off of Link when hit by a sword) I figured out the whole thing (in my mind) while at work today now to script it :D

Great sound good. Also is the spell that you slash back going to be all projectiles or just that one.