PDA

View Full Version : Make Arrows cost magic

ShadowMancer
08-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone know a way to make arrows cost Magic Instead of rupies or arrows (I am useing rupies and arrows in my quest but not for those purposes, I want all my special items to use magic. The counters are bieng used for special purposes)

ShadowMancer
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
shut up bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well that is not very productive, do I annoy you?

Gleeok
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Well I see Zeldapro is back with a vengance. (It's payback time.) :p

Sorry bout that. Anyway it's funny, but i'm trying to do the exact opposite in my quest, where everything requires hearts, or rupees, or arrows. It's funny though as it's easier to make stuff not use magic than it is to get stuff to use it. I would imagine for someone such as yourself it would be cake to get some scripts up and running, but can't you just make it so the item's use magic?

All items
Hearts Required: "Master using it and you can have this."
Magic: Amount of magic (or rupees) expended by using the item.
Equipment Item: Should be set, unless the item is a Rupee, Heart, Magic Jar or ammunition of any sort.

DarkDragon
08-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Changing the "Magic:" field (Action tab of the item properties) doesn't work?

C-Dawg
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
You could simulate this if you dont want to use arrows at all. Just use a script to keep the player's arrow supply exactly at 1 or 2, and then make arrows cost magic.

ShadowMancer
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
You could simulate this if you dont want to use arrows at all. Just use a script to keep the player's arrow supply exactly at 1 or 2, and then make arrows cost magic.
That would work fine except that I am useing the arrow counter for money (the rupies counter is bieng used for a sort of experience system)

This also brings another question, can I set the arrow counter higher then 2 dights?

Changing the "Magic:" field (Action tab of the item properties) doesn't work?

Oh sure the magic field works, but it still takes up arrows to fire. I realized after writeing this that I have 'use true arrows' rule checked (I had origionaly thought this would allow me to use the arrow counter but now i know it just means that fireing arrows takes from the arrows counter not the rupies counter) have not tried unchecking this rule yet but it matters not because once again i have decided to go with an FFC weapon (I thought of a new idea today to have my arrows (which are lighting bolts) stun enemies as well as damage them, now I just have to perfect the stunning script :) )