PDA

View Full Version : who wants to trade bugs for sex?

Freedom
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Who wouldn't, but it ain't happening here.
BUT...
There are 22 pages of bugs, and I can only imagine how that makes the devs feel when they start fixing them.
Where to begin....

I'm going to try to weed out what are bugs, whats been fixed, what was never a bug, BUT I need your help

IF you reported a bug, please look through the 22 pages for your name and post and report back if that bug still exists in the 528.
I think this would take a great deal of pressure of the developers when trying to figure out where they are and what they need to do next.
PLEASE help.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
AYE AYE CAP'N. Okay, got me a copy of ZQuest open, and a few windows of AGN open as well. I'll be changing the bug/star icons to bug/thermometer (So it appears to be.) and moving them into the quarantined bugs forum if you say that they can be moved out of the forum, or removed. Correct me now if there's something else.

BTW, nice thread title. :p Gets the job done, apparently. x X,

Freedom
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Made you look. ;)
The ones I marked that can be moved were all mine, so I knew about them, other people bugs aren't going to be so easy. ;)

ShadowTiger
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Heh. Ayesir. I do greatly appreciate it. :) It's wonderful to have your diligence and tenaciety onsite.

I'm going by your wording for the bugs, as to whether they should go into the Quarantined bugs forum, the Limbo forum, or the Exterminated forum. Most are going into the latter. I'm also leaving an hours temporary redirect just so we can be sure of where they went.

Gleeok
08-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Roger that. It's not going to be easy though. Half of them are ? bugs, whether labeled as such or not. Maybe everyone can add an "updated status" on bugs they posted months ago, just to let the devs know that they're still around also.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2007, 10:06 PM
That would be absolutely wonderful, actually. Once the Hour-long redirects are up and enough people have viewed them as a final synopsis to recollect which bugs are gone and exterminated from the bunch, there will be the question marked bugs remaining for people to verify again. We can whittle these down quite a bit.

It'd also be really nice if everyone could edit their own posts to re-mark their threads' titles with the appropriate icon. It'd be a lot faster if people could see the grave-bug mark and just move it straight away as one massive moderational action. You can do a mass-move, but you can't do a mass-icon-change. Know what I mean? Seeing the icon shows people which threads can be moved.

Freedom
08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't believe an edit allows you to fix the icon, I've forgotten them in the past and then couldn't go back and add them.

DarkDragon
08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
You have to edit the thread, not the post (which means unfortunately that testers without mod privileges cannot fix their thread).

Please look particularly at posts with the "blue question-mark" icon. These are bugs where no further progress can currently be made by a developer (most commonly because a sample quest was not posted or a question not answered).

I'm currently working somewhere back on page 5; there should be a pretty obvious break between new bugs and bugs I've skipped. All bugs older than this break have officially "slipped through the cracks" and will be ignored unless a beta tester bumps it back up.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
You have to edit the thread, not the post (which means unfortunately that testers without mod privileges cannot fix their thread).

Please look particularly at posts with the "blue question-mark" icon. These are bugs where no further progress can currently be made by a developer (most commonly because a sample quest was not posted or a question not answered).Interesting. o.o' I've actually been going about it by clicking the "Edit" Button in the lower right corner of the person's post, then clicking the newly appearing "Advanced" button. It then changes to a Full Edit (Similar to creating a thread.) where you can select / reselect the actual thread icon below the post. Or are we talking about different things? I mean I'd assume that anyone can change anything that they started, right? :shrug: It'd be nice.

Though truth be told, I don't really have a forum I can test this on that's powered by vBulletin and who wouldn't mind me doing it.

DarkDragon
08-26-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm moving this to general beta discussion where it won't clutter up the bug threads.