PDA

View Full Version : How do I place Link?

Efrian
08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
In The Quest games I make, Link always starts in the top left corner. How do I place him correctly?

Thank you!

P.S. I am a newb, Alphadods tutorial doesn't work for me, and I dont know how Flags work. If you have the time, please fill me in. The Manual is badly organized(no offense) and I cant make out a thing.

LostInHyru1e
08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
...The hyperlink to Alpha's Tutorial on the site doesn't work. Check Erm's siggy for the right version. It has everything you need to know.

But, to answer your question, press "Page-Down" and the Data box in the bottom will switch from telling you about your combo to five squares. The green square that you places designates where link starts when you pick up the game; the blue one designates where it goes when hes warped to the screen or comes out of a cave; the Rupee designates where any item on the screen goes; and the staircase designates where a staircase appears when you set up the screen to have the whistle make staircases, which you learn about in Alphadawg's tutorial.

Efrian
08-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Okay I think that your rite. now how do i tell Link Which map to start in?

ShadowTiger
08-20-2007, 07:55 PM
If you're in 2.10, he'd start out on the Continue point of Dmap 0. If you're using a higher version of ZC, you can tell the game which Dmap Link starts out in in the last tab of the Init Data in the Quest menu. That uses that Dmap's continue data as well.

Efrian
08-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Im good with placing Link.:D