PDA

View Full Version : MIDIs

LinkMaster500
08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's a strange problem. For some MIDIs from vgmusic.com (that I want to use in a quest), when I play them on my computer at home, they sound differently (as far as the beat of the music) from how to sound when I listen to them on another computer.

Has anyone else experienced this, and do you know what's going on?

C-Dawg
08-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep, that's midi for ya. It'll sound different depending on your particular software and hardware setup. Nothing you can do about that.

Freedom
08-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Here's a strange problem. For some MIDIs from vgmusic.com (that I want to use in a quest), when I play them on my computer at home, they sound differently (as far as the beat of the music) from how to sound when I listen to them on another computer.

Has anyone else experienced this, and do you know what's going on?

Get a SoundBlaster ;)
Onboard anything sux

SaiyanKirby
08-23-2007, 09:57 AM
For me, every once in a while, the song will play fine, but sometimes when I play the song some of the notes hold out for the rest of the song, making it really annoying. It especially happens with brass and string instruments.

erm2003
08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
For me, every once in a while, the song will play fine, but sometimes when I play the song some of the notes hold out for the rest of the song, making it really annoying. It especially happens with brass and string instruments.

Yeah, that's the old 2.10 midi bug. Go to the ZC Open Bugs board and look for the sticky that has the download for 2.10.2. It should have the midi bug and a few others fixed so you can enjoy playing quests without having that problem.

gamer07
08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Well I had a prob with my mids it whould like make a HORRABLE sound so bad and loud you had to turn it off and my magus boss mid was the worsest to get hit with it.It's like a piano playing 1 key but really loud you can't barly here the music but mabe it was the speakers?