PDA

View Full Version : Help with holes

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok im using 2.10 and ive got a room set up with a hole that you have to use the hookshot to get past. My question is do i need to set up a tile warp for it? its combo says direct warp so im not sure.

I also had another question but i forgot... ill remember it later in the thread probably

Thanks

Freedom
08-18-2007, 01:45 AM
If it's just a hole you have to hookshot across, then make it no walk, and hookshot only

If you want it to also warp if link falls in, then use a insta warp and make it walkable, then set your warps accordingly.

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 01:57 AM
but the problem with that is i have a cave in the same place and if i set a tile warp it applies that to the cave too

Freedom
08-18-2007, 02:00 AM
So you can't do it in 2.10 that way, so make it no walk and hookshot only, so the only way Link can get across is with the hookshot.
Make a new combo if need be.

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 02:10 AM
ok ill try it and another question can you explain how to set up layers? i saw it in another thread and i tried it but i think i did it wrong

Oh and how do i make a new combo?

Freedom
08-18-2007, 02:19 AM
In my sig is my page, it has links to tutorials.
Idontknow's tutorial is probably the best for what you are asking.
It goes into great detail on layers.

As for making combos....
You right click on the red and black empty spots on the right and choose tiles from your tile pages.
You can use the same tiles, and give them different "combo types" to perform different tasks.
SO...
The "hole" you are using can be the exact same tile, only when you add it again as a new combo you make it non walkable and hookshot only, instead of direct warp and walkable like it was used before. ;)

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 02:23 AM
oh ok i knew that... i thought you were talking about secret combos and stuff like that lol... DANG IT i just thought of a new question and forgot it again

EDIT: now i remember, when link gets a triforce piece, it gets counted ad two, how do i fix it? I tried making it a special item and making it a regular item and all that

EDIT 2: oh and i just saw one of the threads you posted in from your signiture and it is cool that the minish cap graphics are being used but to me they look way too much like a cartoon to mess with. so ill just stick with the LTTP and original graphics lol the minish cap ones look like too confusing to mess with and too difficult to draw new tiles

Gleeok
08-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Make sure the quest rule "big triforce peices" or 3 or 6 total is unchecked.

Also, many of these answers can be found in the zq text doc. or help file, it's worth it to read through the entire thing at least once. That's how I learned to use ZQ. It's very helpful.

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 12:14 PM
ok that worked thankd but i have one more problem. How big do the rooms need to be if im drawing the dungeon map on the tile editor?

Gleeok
08-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Uhhh....8x4 in the passive subscreen? ...or the big map each room is 8x8 pixels. ....or does it show 7x7 black squares in rooms you've been..?

Something like that.

Master Maniac
08-19-2007, 12:48 AM
ok ill test it... I cant seem to get the positioning right lol thanks

EDIT: ok thanks gleeok but you were off by 1x1 pixel. the right size is 7x3 with 1 pixel between each room for anyone else who wants to know. the positioning was still tricky lol but i got it