PDA

View Full Version : About Vista

AmazingAmpharos
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I know the compatibility with Visa is pretty bad right now. I'm discovering this as my whole computer access now is via a laptop with Vista. Zquest actually works perfectly, but the player just fails. I can open it in windowed mode with the launcher and play it, but trying to run fullscreen causes my computer to crash. Now, I don't know how many agree with me, but I really hate windowed mode. It's way, way too small; the game is nearly unplayable. I know none of the devs have Vista so fixing this is probably impossible, but would it be possible to add in an option to, say, triple the size of windowed mode (triple might be too little; I picked a conservative number)? I hate to basically make a feature request like this, but this is basically a game ruiner or me. Thanks for any support for the Vista problems in general; they're really quite unfortunate.

Freedom
08-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Just a thought.
You might check out the thrift stores in your area for an older desktop.
I picked up a P3 for $25 that plays Zelda Classic perfectly.

DarkDragon
08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Doesn't the ZC Launcher let you specify the window size?

AmazingAmpharos
08-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Does it really? I see some options to change the resolution, but I don't see anything about window size. I may be missing something obvious; it would be pretty cool if this were just a feature about which I am unaware.

erm2003
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Try those different options under the launcher. You may find something that works. I am using Vista and I am able to get the player to launch well as full screen and the editor at 3x. It works great.

Shoelace
08-17-2007, 07:45 PM
That is good to know. My computer is dead (at work at the moment, but no ZC for a while for me. :( ), and I am getting a new computer, and not getting it until September, but it has Vista. I will miss full screen though.. as I use nothing but full screen. But oh well. Anyways, thanks for the infomation about this.

Russ
08-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know what you people are alking about. I am using Vista and fullscreen works fine. The only bug with it is that if you have Zquest in windowed mode and select the fullscreen option from the etc dropdown bar, it crashes. But otherwises, fullscreen works fine.:)

billy ronald
08-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Vista works fine for me

The player full screen works fine
Zquest only works in windowed
but if I put it in fullscreen Zquest goes light grey and the combo page goes black and also I can't get a pic of it

Nicholas Steel
08-19-2007, 07:42 PM
set the games resolution (via its configuration file) to 640 or higher then adjust the sbig value so that it is equal to 1.

now when running in a window it should be as big as 640x480. i have not heard of stretching the game play to larger then 640x480, so theres not much point in bumping the games resolution above 640x480.

if you want the game to have a dominant effect on the screen, then right click the game and go to properties, now set compatibility mode to "run in 640x480" and now indows will auto set your desktop rate to 640x480.

since both your desktop and the game are set to 640x480, the game should technicaly fill the whole screen ;) (hence now you could call it fullscreen mode :D )