PDA

View Full Version : Null Gravity Script

Mega Link
08-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Basically a global script that that has a flag null the gravity on the combo(s) that it is on. This would allow sideview ladders, wider plains, and even monkey bars (assoming that the sprites are already setup). Plus it would have a 3D style. (Link would be able to jump off the down side of a cliff.)

Here is a picture:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb155/Mega_Link/sidescreen1.png

C-Dawg
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Oooooh I see what you want to do. You want gravity active while Link is on certain combos, but not others. It would be easier for you to script it in reverse; that is, the global script checks what Combo link is on, and pulls him down along the Y axis if he's on a combo designated as "air" or whatever. Maybe give him a dummy item to change graphics.

I wouldn't use the gravity flag and null it for certain combos because:
1. You'd have to set the flag on every screen;
2. Link's animation is screwy while he's not on top of unwalkable combos in sideview screens; and
3. You'll probably have more "air" combos that you do normal walkable ones.

Mega Link
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
How about a script that turns conveyor (down) combos into gravity combos?

C-Dawg
08-16-2007, 04:49 PM
That'd work too. You just have a global script do this:
(1) Get the Combo->Data closest to Link's location each frame.
(2) Check to see if there is a solid combo below link's left foot, right foot, or middle (otherwise you'd fall when you touched the fall combo, even if you weren't quite off the ledge yet); and
(3) If the Combo-Data is one of your conveyer combos and there's nothing below Link, move him down 2 or 3 pixels. Possibly turn off left and right input so player falls straight down.

Rinse, repeat.

Mega Link
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Ok. But,

If the script is going to use the conveyor (down) combo then the script should not be global. Beacause I'm going to use the conveyor (down) combo normally too.:D
I don't know how to script. :(

beefster09
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
How 'bout turning conveyor up combos into null-gravity combos? Then you wouldn't have to make every combo a "gravity" combo.

Mega Link
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
That won't work for 2 reasons:

Some of the null gravity combos are going to be slow walk, and some are not.
I'm thinking about using conveyor up combos for a scripted glide-boost combo.