PDA

View Full Version : Example quest: fully scripted custom item class

_L_
08-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Here's an example quest file that shows how you can make fully scripted items using custom item classes (that is, z### item classes), and demonstrates how such items are produced.

This particular example attaches this Somaria script (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95765) to the item on the first screen.

Freedom
08-16-2007, 04:42 AM
The item on the first screen acted just like the wand w/ book for me, on the overworld, but in a dungeon the graphic changed to a flying sword.
It didn't allow you to select any other items, you could scroll to them but they would revert back to the "wand".
What am I missing here?

Anarchy_Balsac
08-16-2007, 04:45 AM
Err scratch that, delete this reply.

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
So the cane produces black squares one out of 20 times you want it too, then leaves your inventory completely in dungeons, and makes it so you can't use bombs?! What happens when it doesn't work...

Dark Nation
08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
So the cane produces black squares one out of 20 times you want it too, then leaves your inventory completely in dungeons, and makes it so you can't use bombs?! What happens when it doesn't work...

It formats your computer. :p

_L_
08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
I shall ignore the fact that the script itself is, ahem, not quite functional.

I forgot that I'd previously used this quest file to test the Disabled DMap Items feature, so yes, several items (Boomerang, Candle, Flippers, Ladder, Book, Shield) are not selectable in E dungeon.

I also forgot that I'd previously used this quest file to test the "Link Drowns in Walkable Water" quest rule. So if you step into the water (all of which is walkable), Link, who has the Flippers, will instantly start swimming using nonexistant swimming tiles.

Finally: the reason why the red wand vanishes in dungeons is because its item class hasn't been included in the dungeon subscreens. Sorry.

P.S: The reason why the Wand fires sword beam-shaped magic in E dungeon is because the Book is disabled. But why...?

DarkDragon
08-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Moving out of the bug forum to Beta Discussion...

Nimono
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey, what version is this for? It isn't said anywhere in this topic. :O

Also... _L_, which version of my Cane of Somaria script did you use? I hope you didn't get the one from the first post... As that should be version 1, which was... ummm... very lame. And not very useful. You should get the last update I made if that's not the one you used... ._.

Edit: Oh wait, it seems you DID use the last version... But then why would people say it only works 1 out of 20 times...? I tested the darned thing myself, and it worked....

Edit2: WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT?! Why the heck was the script version 2.0? *sigh* No wonder everything went wrong- You used the wrong script...

XMuppetSB
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
EDIT: Ach... Never mind... I got it to work now...