PDA

View Full Version : Changing cset of passive subscreen hearts?

Gleeok
08-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Where's the dang option to change the cset of hearts, bombs, keys, rupees?
I thought it was misc colors or graphics sprites, but nope. Can't find it in the subscreen editor as well. Actually I'd rather not mess with the ss editor right now anyway.
Right now they're set to 1 but I need them changed to 8, and 7.

Grr..This is one of those days where nothing is working right for me.

LostInHyru1e
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Couldn't you go to their sprites and, when selecting the Sprite Tile, simply change the CSet?

Gleeok
08-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Well yes if I knew where that was. Do you have a map of how to get there?

Freedom
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
I think they are hard coded, you'd have to recolor.
BUT it might be possible to select them in the subscreen editor and look at their properties and change them there.

Gleeok
08-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Shit. Recolor...i've got like 100 things heavily dependant on cset1. recoloring would break the quest instantly. And if I recolored just the few tiles in question i'd have green hearts and bright orange bombs....great. This is the last thing to set up and it turns out it's gonna break it. Subscreen FAQ here I come. Watch me explode now.....

LostInHyru1e
08-15-2007, 03:19 PM
How do you access the Subscreen Editor? Is it only in the beta builds, or could I run it on 2.10?

Russ
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
The subscreen editor is only in the beta builds. You should download build 509 and just play around with it to test it out.

Mega Link
08-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Just use the +/- keys on your keboard when selecting the sprites.

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Just use the +/- keys on your keboard when selecting the sprites.

Well if it were that easy then I wouldn't have a problem. :p
I think the only way is to set subscreen as zelda 3. Revision 2 does not have that option. So now all hearts in my quest are green, yes GREEN. makes sense to me.

LostInHyru1e
08-16-2007, 02:03 AM
...Why green?

As for Keys, aren't they under the Items sprites?

Freedom
08-16-2007, 02:32 AM
If you're talking about the mini tiles, those colors can be changed in the betas, I'm pretty sure.
I used cset 10 with my (mini) arrow for my counter.
It might be that you'll need to separate your counters instead of having them in a "block" to get that to work in your case.

In your post #5 above, I said recolor, not change the cset colors, it wouldn't "break" anything, the only thing that would change would be the actual things you recolor, like the heart itself for example.

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Hmm... Well there is no tutorial or decent documentation on this and last time I even looked at the subscreen funny my quest was corrupted. I suppose i'll just wait for a tut in more detail on the heart thing...Unless anyone knows off the top of their head the easy way to add this in the subscreen editor, I wouldn't mess with the infernal thing.

Freedom
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Just make a copy of your quest, put it in another folder.
Then go in the subscreen editor and have at it.
If it corrupts you've got your back up to go back to. ;)

here's what Pure has on subscreens
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21968

The_Amaster
08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I don't know about passive, but I know that on the active you can change the CSet of an individual object by using +/- when selecting it's tiles.

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 12:43 PM
http://www3.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php?b62b48fafea448119269eb05927537b82g.jpg

Alright it's official, I am forever cursed by the subscreen editor.
What the heck is lon longtan, and what does god need with a starship? All I did was add hearts, and wrongly I might add, and nothing else. Link is only supposed to have 3 hearts here, and
1) when he picks up a heart container, he doesn't get an extra heart and
2) it doesn't show half hearts or no hearts.
In the heart properties there is 4 boxes. Does anyone know the correct setup for these?

...at least they're red again. LOL. :p

Freedom
08-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I guess all you can do is report the bugs and wait until they start fixing again.
It's been pretty slow the last week or two.

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, i'm realizing more and more each day that we are in desperate need of a bug free and documented version. Seriously, I have gotten 5 screens done in like 2 days. Aarrhg. I am making some progress with the subscreen though, and I finally figured out why the enemies-> secret dungeon boss thing wouldn't work right. It's the moldorms for some reason. I don't know why.

Master Maniac
08-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey gleeok if you're using 2.10 i think i have your solution... cuz ive been using it for a while. OK go to quest>graphics>sprites>Items and then do the + or- thing. If that doesnt work go to quest>graphics>tiles and copy and paste them and then re-paint them. thats what I did. Except i havent tried changigng the golor of the hearts yet, i just made alterations to the swords and stuff.

Gleeok
08-18-2007, 03:47 AM
M&M..can I call you M&M? ;) :p
There is currently no way to change the cset of hearts in a 2.10 quest. You need access to the subscreen editor to which you delete your life meter, then manually add life gauge peices so you can modify them individually.
pre 2.11 you are restricted to colors within cset 1.

Master Maniac
08-19-2007, 02:15 AM
ok yes you can call me M&M and i get what you are talking about, if you use what I was talkin about it will only change the shape or Cset of the hearts when the enemies drop them. (I tested it)