PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have interest for SSBB?

KingOfHeart
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Super Smash Bros Brawl is sounding like one great game, so I'm surprised there are no threads about it, unless if I'm blind.

Anyways, anyone looking forward to the game?
I would if I had a wii.

MottZilla
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Try using the search function. There's no doubt several threads about the game before.

I'm interested in the new SSB game but I wouldn't pay 250$ for a system to play it. I'll end up waiting till the price falls.

ShadowTiger
08-15-2007, 02:36 PM
PureZC sure as hell is (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28698&st=0). Otherwise, that's all I could tell you. I've heard far more people here claim SSBB is overrated. It sort of irked me a bit to hear it. Whatever.

Although, if you want to play SSBB Multiplayer over the internet, you're better off getting your Wii NOW rather than later. They're planning on starting making it so that you need to pay a monthly fee or something if you buy a Wii later. Now, though, you won't have to pay that fee if you buy a Wii now, and won't have to pay that fee even during the times others will. So get it NOW. It's worth it in the long run! You don't need any special equipment other than SSBB And the Wii! It works with a GCN Controller just fine.

mrz84
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd like to get a wii, if not just for Brawl. I read in a recent article some more stuff that'll be in it such as Zelda, Bowser and Ike (another Fire Emblem cameo) as well as how Samus gets into her Zero Mission Suit via her Final Smash move. And the Assist Trophies (I think that's what they were called) where a character will pop up and help you for a bit like with a pokeball, but with non-pokemon characters (so far a hammer bro, Samurai Goro (F-Zero), and a Nintendog (wtf is what I first thought of that) being a few mentioned so far. Plus some of the stages will change during gameplay. Yoshi's Island changes seasons. Fox's stage will enter the atmosphere of the planet it starts in orbit of. Hyrule gets King Bulblin as one of its surprises. There's also a Mario Kart stage, a Kid Icarus stage, and a Fire Emblem stage in the works according to screen shots. Personally the Final Smash moves will put a twist on things IMHO. I only know that Link's involves the Triforce and Bowser's involves transforming into Giga Bowser for a short period of time. I really look forward to this more than ever. I plan to get a Wii asap so I don't gotta pay for the online battles. I hope. :kitty:

MottZilla
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Although, if you want to play SSBB Multiplayer over the internet, you're better off getting your Wii NOW rather than later. They're planning on starting making it so that you need to pay a monthly fee or something if you buy a Wii later. Now, though, you won't have to pay that fee if you buy a Wii now, and won't have to pay that fee even during the times others will. So get it NOW. It's worth it in the long run! You don't need any special equipment other than SSBB And the Wii! It works with a GCN Controller just fine.

Where did you hear this rumor? I've never heard anything like that.

Cloral
08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
That's news to me too. Though since I already have a Wii it wouldn't affect me either way. But still...

DarkDragoonX
08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I haven't heard anything like that either... seems as though news like that would have made headlines. Without a good source, I'm afraid I have to chalk that up as an unsubstaniated rumor.

mrz84
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Even IF it is just a rumor, I still plan on getting a Wii cause I eagerly await the day I can kick anybody's ass with Samus online. :kitty:

DarkDragoonX
08-17-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't know who I'm going to play as now that Marth is gone... he was my best character. I suppose Samus and Link are always good standbys, and I'm very curious about how Pit plays, but still...

Sute
08-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I got a Wii, pretty much just for SSB:B.
A girlfriend with a Wii, boyfriend wins.
I want to play as Snake pretty badly.

Modus Ponens
08-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Who said Marth was gone?

AtmaWeapon
08-17-2007, 10:32 PM
I am stoked about the game but lately the relative level of enjoyment I derive from video games has seriously fallen.

I think it has something to do with not having about 14 hours of leisure time in my normal waking day anymore, but whereas I used to highly treasure games because they were a good distraction from issues in life I now find that I don't really have time to be distracted anymore.

But I'm so throwing down when that game comes out.

*b*
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Currently, it's the only Wii game I'm looking forward to. There's probably others that might get me excited, but I haven't heard of them, so SSBB is currently my object of obsession... Aside from Vol.3's release in a few weeks

Gerudo
08-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Apparently none of the people that posted in THIS (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97680) thread didn't hear about the control scheme either.

THIS (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html) kinda verifies it too.

Nicholas Steel
08-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Try using the search function. There's no doubt several threads about the game before.
there is no free search function.

i found SSB:B rather disappointing... the single player aspect is extremely boring unlike the N64 game ;( the AI is rather awkward too, the AI plays in a stilted manner, like it walks then stops looks around a bit then continues moving, then does a random jump, then moves then stops and looks around again.....

its pretty decent multi-player tho.

Modus Ponens
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Franps, are you saying you've played it? If so, then cool, but of course it's not done yet, so anything you don't like about things like its AI might be better by the final version.

AtmaWeapon
08-18-2007, 01:19 PM
there is no free search function.
Actually there is... (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=site%3Awww.armageddongames.net+Smash+Bros.&btnG=Search)

Petoe
08-18-2007, 02:47 PM
SSBB is so hot I could buy a Wii only for that game alone.

...of course I have a Wii already, but all the info I've read about the game and all the screenies I've seen... the game looks too good to be true. Woah.

erm2003
08-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I have been checking their updates during the week and I like what I see so far. Some old mixed in with plenty of new tricks to make the game seem fresh like the new control schemes, which I hope they tell us more about soon. It will be neat to see what other new characters will make it into the game. We have already had a couple surprises and they haven't even officially released the info on Snake yet. This is on my must buy list for December.

aces2022
08-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I NEED this GAME!!! I have been waiting ever since those idots at Gamepro gave Melee such a below average score. (I actually read the scores after i got the game)

AlexMax
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
It's exciting, I suppose, as my circle of friends are really into smash.

However, it's freaking 4 months away, why get excited now?

Dechipher
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Because we've been excited for the last year. It's not going to get any better.

I'm posting this from the toilet btw.

KJAZZ
08-20-2007, 12:26 AM
However, it's freaking 4 months away, why get excited now?

This is very true. There really isn't that good of a reason to get excited over a game that's not coming out, until maybe month of release. It's just that with Brawl in particular, every weekday there's an update about the game, which turns into hype, and then people get excited because a character they liked got in the game, or something like that. Seems like just a way to sell more copies to me, but it is a very good marketing tactic.

In the end, I'm excited about hyped for the game, but I definitely "can wait" for it.

Orion
08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I think I'm the only person in the world who's not excited for this. Maybe it's because I'm not much good at fighters of any kind, and online play really doesn't entice me for a game like this either. I hate games where if I want to play anyone, I have to be ready to lose, because the people that play them spend way too much time getting good at them. I don't have the patience for it.

erm2003
08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Today they just announced Diddy Kong as a playable character. Brawl is going to own just because of the playable characters in the game let alone any of the other features.

Skulkraken
08-23-2007, 03:57 AM
I'm just psyched about the fact that Yoshi gets wings during his Final Smash (and that he gets to strafe opponents with fireballs the entire time). I wish I could afford a Wii. In the meantime, I'm playing SSBM again to try to get ready. It's not going too well, since I'm still struggling to keep up with just the AI opponents (Event matches have been brutal).

vegeta1215
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
To me, Smash Bros looked like a dumbed down kids fighting game - this was coming from someone who grew up on Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter II, and more recent games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 (my favorite fighting game). So, I waited longer than most to get SSBM for the Gamecube (I never played the N64 one), but one day I decided to see what all the fuss was about.

I was right in thinking that Smash Bros is simple to play, but it has a lot of depth, and is just plan fun as heck. I'm glad I picked it up. I haven't played it in a long time though, so Brawl will be a nice re-introduction to the game. I'm hoping the online component delivers, because I don't have a lot of friends to play a game like Smash Bros with.

I was about to say, it'd be nice to have a rematch against Goki, since he beat me in the final match of our mini Smash Bros tournament at the 05 AGNcon, but he is hardly online anymore, and I am doubtful that he still plays Wii.

mrz84
08-23-2007, 08:51 PM
A AGN tourny would be sweet once Brawl comes out. I'd take part if the scheduling of it was done right. :kitty:

Pineconn
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
SSBB looks as sweet as, well, all of the sugar in Cuba and more. If only I had a Wii.

I'm relatively glad that they kept Link's attacks the same, just TP-ized. Gale Boomerang, Hero's Bow, Barnes' Bombs, and the Clawshot. Oh, and you can charge up your spin attack. Me like.

ShadowTiger
08-24-2007, 05:22 PM
A AGN tourny would be sweet once Brawl comes out. I'd take part if the scheduling of it was done right. :kitty:
Oh heelllllll yes. In fact, Hunter P Brown and I are already scheduled to have the first official PureZC SSBB Match. It'll more than likely be me as either Samus or Link vs His Link. It'll be a very interesting match. I hope he can record the match, because I can't for the life of me record videos and post them online.

I will very happily and eagerly participate in any AGN matches as well.

In fact, it's currently possible to play the original SSB Online. I do it all the time against people across the world. Very fun. Not very flawed at all. You do need the same ROM though, of course, (Which I will not be providing. ;) ) but it's not too hard to set up. PM me if interested.

If anyone here thinks that they can beat anyone else at SSBM, then you are exactly the person that I want to face. Somewhere around 100% of the people who have claimed this had their butts handed to them on quite the shimmering golden platter at one point or another.

mrz84
08-25-2007, 09:23 AM
My pc doesn't let me do N64 or Gamecube emulation. Whenever I try to it gives me the one fingered salute. I need a better pc geared towards gaming, but I'm too poor to afford one :sweat: