PDA

View Full Version : Secret Combos

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello, I'm here to ask some more questions, this time about secret combos. :)

First of all, when I flag something to be a secret combo, and then pick the combo and click Screen Data-Enemies=Secret, I'm making the Enemies activate the secrets flag. I assume that since I need to do that, there's some other way to activate the flag secrets. What is this other way?

Also, when I make the enemies=secrets flag, the CSet is all weird. It uses the snowy blue CSet in the game rather than the Green Dngn. CSet tile it says its going to use in ZQuest. Does anyone know what's wrong with this?

Thank you!

C-Dawg
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
There are tons of ways to activate screen secrets.

Each screen keeps track of whether secrets are triggered or not. If secrets are triggered, then all of your Secret Flags and assorted other flags (like Bomb, Burn, etc) will activate, changing the combo they are on to the combo you assigned in the Data->Secret Combos editor. (NOTE: In newer versions of ZQuest, you get to use the Singular flags, which let you trigger secrets on one combo at a time. Very spiffy, but irrelevant for now.)

There are many different ways to trigger secrets. Enemies->Secret flag will trigger secrets once all the enemies die. Many Flags act as triggers as well as secret combos. For instance, all of the Flags that are named after an item (Burn, Burn2 (Red Candle), Burn3 (Wand Fire), Sword, White Sword, Wand, Wand Magic, Strike, etc... there are tons of them) will all trigger secrets when they are hit with the appropriate item. Some Combo types (Permanent Secrets, Temporary Secrets... I forget the name) will trigger secrets when Link touches them.

As to your CSet problem, your description isn't clear. Setting Enemies->Secret doesn't involved graphics at all, so I don't understand how it related to CSets.

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay, sorry for not being clear on the CSet problem. I'm on a Dungeon DMap, and I have flag "Secret Combo 0" on a few tiles with the Enemies=Secret Data activated. When I destroy the enemies, the blocks that are supposed to become floor tiles do turn into floor tiles; however, they turn into floor tiles that are on the wrong CSet. The snowy blue/grey CSet instead of the greenish CSet I want them to be on.

By "Secret Flags" I meant "Secret Combo 0-16." Will they also be activated if I bomb/sword-beam/hookshot/whatever something?

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
By "Secret Flags" I meant "Secret Combo 0-16." Will they also be activated if I bomb/sword-beam/hookshot/whatever something?

They will activate upon any trigger you set.

And, What cset are you using for the secret tiles?

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
...1, I think, I don't know... it's the basic CSet, the default one, and the color is "7" making that basic CSet Green. However, upon killing the enemies, it turns into the Blue CSet that is used for the graveyard in the original LoZ. Not all the tiles, mind you, just the ones activated by the secret.

BTW, is it possible to make a secret make more enemies come? So, say, I bombed a block and it broke and 5 tektites fell from the ceiling. That would be cool.

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
...1, I think, I don't know... it's the basic CSet, the default one, and the color is "7" making that basic CSet Green. However, upon killing the enemies, it turns into the Blue CSet that is used for the graveyard in the original LoZ. Not all the tiles, mind you, just the ones activated by the secret.
I have no idea...

BTW, is it possible to make a secret make more enemies come? So, say, I bombed a block and it broke and 5 tektites fell from the ceiling. That would be cool.
Sure. Just copy/paste the screen in question.(we'll call this scrn2)
On scrn1 set secret tiles to be pit warps, and you'll need a trigger.(bombable block.)
Then set tile warp to scrn2,- insta warp-, and set scrn2 2 enemies and "fall from cieling.
Finally set side warps on scrn2 to scoll to any rooms adjecant to scrn1.
-No one will know it was actually 2 rooms, since nothing in the room changed. ;)

C-Dawg
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Or, in more recent versions, make a script that checks the combo at a particular place on the screen and spawns enemies when it becomes walkable.

It's the "bubble spawner" script, and it's in the Zodiac.qst file availible in Quest Announcement.

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Okay, thanks, Gleeok! I'll definately try that!

And nobody has any idea about my Secret-CSet problem?

Joe123
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
did you set the Cset in the secret combos box? when you select the tile you need to change it to the correct Cset.

LostInHyru1e
08-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, I did that... and yet it still changes to the wrong CSet.

Gleeok
08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes, I did that... and yet it still changes to the wrong CSet
You wouldn't happen to have the blue ring at the time, would you?

LostInHyru1e
08-29-2007, 06:15 PM
No. Would that have caused the problem as well?

Anarchy_Balsac
08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Which CSET is it you want it switched to(CSET # that is)? It's important because some CSETS are variable. If you use the green and tan one, geuss what? That's link's CSET and if you have a ring it'll appear different in game than in the editor. Some CSETS also change with level color, so be sure to triple check your designated DMAP'S level color to make sure that isn't the problem.

On that note, you should know that for level pallettes, what it displays in zquest isn't neccessarily what it displays in the game, as these are set up differently.