PDA

View Full Version : Different color door and floor?

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Whenever I go to the dungeon when testing my game, the doors, (i.e. locked, boss, you know...) has a different color than the dungeon's walls and floors.
Yes, I have tried C-set fix. Yes, I have read aplhadog's tutorial. :confused:
As for people who helped me last time, sorry I'm such an idiot, and I bet it's something simple I'm doing wrong. If anyone knows and has 3 mins. to spare, GREATLY accepted. :uhoh:

Mega Link
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
What cset are you trying to use?

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 11:05 AM
The one that is first, the one you start with. (That's the doors.)
If you stay on here for about 2 minutes, I can put a picture.
http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/secret.htm

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
This is because you have the DMap's color set to "Overworld." Sure, your walls and ground can switch the "Overworld" CSet around, but the doors can't. If you pick "Overworld" as your DMap's color, the doors will look like that, regardless of what the rest of the room's color is.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM
THANK YOU EVERYONE! IF I get permission from you, you can snag a spot on the "Special Thanks" ANd "Was a major help" parts of the credits. :D

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 12:14 PM
:D

There's seriously no need for that. I'm sure everybody here asked a ton of questions as newbies(myself definately included.) I'm always glad to help if I can.

Come to think of it, I really am still a newbie. :)

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Ok, just one more question for anybody.
I go into the first room in the dungeon, I go in the passage, and it just resets the room. I can list pictures, and I will....
I am right now. :)

Freedom
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Here's a quick rundown on that.

When you build a room, after placing the first combo on the screen, you go to data>palette and choose the palette for that set of screens, dungeon, overworld, or whatever.
That is the color then that you have to put in the dmap that will warp you to it.
When you choose to put doors in like that, when you click on doors, you first must choose the door set that you will use, then you choose the type of door.
Then they should show up correctly. ;)

As for the question right above, I don't know what you mean by "resets the room".

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I meant, I walk THROUGH the door, The screen goes a little fuzzy, I go to the start of the same room, and all the enemies come back and are sitting there.
I will show you what I mean.......;)
Right there at this link. 3 Pictures showing what happens.

EDIT: Ok, I entered the level 4 cheat code, and walked through the right wall. (For some reason, on the gray screen is those 4 bats, :confused: and I try to go up. It takes me back to the starting place on the gray screen!
SO that means if you try to up, all that happens is you start over in the same room. Maybe that will give someone ideas of what I'm talking about, to be honest, I didn't even think about what happened. I'm just sitting there blinking thinking, Ok, have I seen this screen before? LOL.

LostInHyru1e
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
That is surely a unique problem. Is there a side warp set on the room? Is the trigger accidentally set for up instead of down? Do you have Freeform dungeons enabled?

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a side warp problem to me. I'll wager that your current screen is set as warp destination, and you appear on the blue square after warping.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok, let me put a picture of my side warp screen.

Type: Entrance\Exit
DMap: 0-Overworld
Screen: 0x 00

Triggers: (X means not clicked on, O means clicked on.)
Up: X
Left: X
Right: X
Down: X

------------------------------------------------------------------
The only time that I opened the screen up was by mistake. I never clicked
anything EXCEPT "Ok".

:scared:
EDIT: You guys gave me an Idea!!!!!!!!
I am gonna change it from Entrance\Exit to Cave\Item screen.

EDIT 2: I tried that. It didn't work. No changes at all.
:shakeno:

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/zelda016.bmp
.....http://www.freewebs.com

There some issues here..Why are the doors different colors? But more importantly, look at that perfect enemy spawning spacing.. :D

OK, for starters your using F6 to make doors, not drawing them yourself right? and there has to be a warp destination square set, how else can you warp to the same local every single time? Check tile warp maybe?

Darn: the second pic didn't load...oh well.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I can make the 2nd one appear!

Look directly below the 3rd pic.

Trouble viewing pictures?
You need to view Zelda21.bmp

Your looking at the bottom post, you need to look at the top one.
You need to view
Zelda20.bmp
Zelda21.bmp
Zelda22.bmp

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I saw all the pics. It would probably be easier for you to explain step by step how you made the screen, instead of a bunch of suggestions that may or may not be relevant.
And..

OK, for starters your using F6 to make doors, not drawing them yourself right?

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, I am using F6. Please stay on here, for I need to update this post
to explain.
1. I make Map 5.
2. I set the Dmap, As Dungeon.
3. I paste an empty dungeon room.
4. I press F7 to do C-set fix.
5. I press F6 to put 2 passageways in.
6. I make it where a heart fragment is hidden under the Armos knight.
7. I put the enemies on screen.
8. I clicked on side warp by mistake, and hit nothing but "OK"
9. I make the rest of the dungeon screens with doors and everything except enemies and items.
10. I save it.
11. I start up ZC and select my saved file, and go play the dungeon.
12. I go in, try to go in the North Passageway, doors turn a fuzzy gray,
I go back to start area, enemies re-appear, and Then I came on here.

Freedom
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Right click on the upper doors lower half and select properties and see if it is set as a warp type, if so it's taking you to screen 80, thus the keese.

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Right click on the upper doors lower half and select properties and see if it is set as a warp type, if so it's taking you to screen 80, thus the keese.

I thought that too but the passageways screens use pallete 11. This isn't making much sense.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I can let you play what I have just to see EXACTLY what I mean....
It's a little unstable, and there are some gray screens, but just to see the dungeon,
The cheat code for level 4: Beta Tester
So you can get the stuff to live. Its an unstable mini-demo.
If you guys and\or gals want it.

Its there, (since its unstable, I'm not listing it on ZC.)
(When it's stable, and worthy of a REAL Demo, I will list it on ZC.)

Freedom
08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Post it.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 05:54 PM
AGAIN:
It is UNSTABLE. The Dungeon is called: Star Hills Dungeon.
You need the stepladder to reach it!
The Level 4 cheat is: (EXACTLY)
Beta Tester
Yes caps count. :)
Please note, this is my first quest, and it is terrible and I am trying to make it at least OK. So please, If you don't like it please let me know anything to make it better, (I will quote this in the REAL Demo.)

Freedom
08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
You have it named 1st.qst, anyone not careful in downloading it will write over their own copy of 1st.qst.
You wound do better to change it. ;)

The (blue) screens on map 5 are using the overworld palette, that's why the doors aren't right.
One screen is in slot 82, that one won't work.
The 80's number screens are for special purposes, like passageways and item rooms.

Gleeok
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
It looks like you drew the walls, then used auto-doors...? And what freedom said.
Maybe use the 0-9 keys or F4 to veiw the colors from now on. If you want to change even more colors there is a faster way. Try editing an extra lv pallete.
Gotta say I didn't even think you could get inside screen 82..heh that's kinda neat. Just set "continue here" and call the quest "Stuck in a box". in technicolor.

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh my! Thank you soooooooooooooo
much, I will fix all of that. If any of you entered the 2nd Dungeon,
(The one on the screen with the braclet, and you needed the hammer to get it,
The key is stuck.
Yes, I just whipped up the name fast, so thank you, the file was meant
to be called: The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Quest, (I don't know if anyone has a quest named that??? I have to research it.)
Thank you all so much! I would be glad to put you on the credits, you two that helped me, (Sorry, posting can't remember usernames,)
Lol thanks for the compliment, and the game is maybe 5% done?
I am trying to figure if someone can steal any triforce pieces from you,
Maybe play the first 8 Dungeons over in The 9th one? Thank you all SO much.
Sorry I wasted so much of your time. :D

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
You have it named 1st.qst, anyone not careful in downloading it will write over their own copy of 1st.qst.
You wound do better to change it. ;)

The (blue) screens on map 5 are using the overworld palette, that's why the doors aren't right.
One screen is in slot 82, that one won't work.
The 80's number screens are for special purposes, like passageways and item rooms.

FIXED! Thanks!

tubbyplayer
08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
It looks like you drew the walls, then used auto-doors...? And what freedom said.
Maybe use the 0-9 keys or F4 to veiw the colors from now on. If you want to change even more colors there is a faster way. Try editing an extra lv pallete.
Gotta say I didn't even think you could get inside screen 82..heh that's kinda neat. Just set "continue here" and call the quest "Stuck in a box". in technicolor.

FIXED! Thanks! Oh, and "Stuck in a box" ROFL :D :D :D
Your stuck in the box with tons of enemies and only 1 heart container?
You could set a high score table of how long you last!
Cool! I might do that! LOL