PDA

View Full Version : A web site offers to ruin someones Life for $20 a month

Prrkitty
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
It's stuff like this that gives the internet a really big black eye. And those offering these services need to be taken out back and disposed of (properly or otherwise).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293097,00.html

erm2003
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
How is a site like this even able to exist? With the list of things they have done to people I can't imagine why it hasn't been shut down yet.

Beldaran
08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
So can I hire that site to ruin the lives of the people who run that site?

Prrkitty
08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm wondering if authorities can figure out and/or find the actual person/s that run the site. After reading the article it sounds like they're really covered their tracks.

SpykStorm
08-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Who would pay $20 a month to get there life ruined.
NO ONE! The people running this site are crazy.
How long has this site been around?

Dechipher
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Who would pay $20 a month to get there life ruined.
NO ONE! The people running this site are crazy.
How long has this site been around?

*points and laughs*

you can't read.

The_Amaster
08-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm not suprised that they haven't been caught. If they are good enough hackers to slash someones credit/do all the other stuff, I'm sure that they've built a bunch of shields in.

biggiy05
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
*points and laughs*

you can't read.

I was wondering why he posts like this?
It's a bit odd.
But hey whatever floats your boat!

I didn't read the article yet but I wonder if it's more on the lines of a scam operation than anything.

deathbyhokie
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I was wondering why he posts like this?
It's a bit odd.
But hey whatever floats your boat!

It's almost Haiku
but the syllables are wrong
perhaps he can't count?

In regards to the article, it seems to be interesting, although confined to england. Wonder if there's american versions of the same thing.

Modus Ponens
08-14-2007, 02:40 AM
I hope that there aren't.
If there are, we'll all be fucked,
thanks to lightningz.

SUCCESSOR
08-14-2007, 02:47 AM
A wonderful Idea! I should research this...

hokie: haiku aren't limited to 575 and yours sucks

Darth Marsden
08-14-2007, 04:57 AM
It's better then mine
I can never get them right
I guess I just suck.

It's an interesting idea, but put into practice, I'm concerned about just how damaging it could be. If it's a permanent thing rather then just 'Surprise! It was all fake!', then I shudder at the possibilities.

mrz84
08-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok. This has got to be one of the reasons that many people consider the interent a bad thing. While there are people I don't like in real life, I wouldn't use a service such as this to ruin their lives. That's just plain wrong.

DarkDragoonX
08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't know about ruining someone's life, but I might be willing to pay 20 bucks for a service to knee someone in the package. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-esBqKyLM) Now THAT would be something I could stand behind. Far, far behind. With a cup.

mrz84
08-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know about ruining someone's life, but I might be willing to pay 20 bucks for a service to knee someone in the package. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-esBqKyLM) Now THAT would be something I could stand behind. Far, far behind. With a cup.

I'd do the same. That sound much better than the credit and fraud thingy. :kitty:

Cloral
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
I think that you should
Be able to trace someone
Who is being paid

You know, just follow the money. Like the whole Watergate thing. Admittedly, I didn't read the article either.

Prrkitty
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
To those of you that didn't read the article but have made posts anyway... is there a particular reason why you haven't read it yet?

I'm just curious.

AlexMax
08-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Why pay $20 a month when you can do it for free? (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Encyclopedia_Dramatica:Templates/Labels)

Granted, there's internet mockery and exposing them as the freak that they are, and then there's ruining someone's credit anonymously, which are on two totally different levels of assholeness, but the goldern rule of the internet is to not pay for anything if you can help it

It's stuff like this that gives the internet a really big black eye.

Why does the internet need white knighting? A good portion of it contains a cesspool of retards, furries, attention whores and sickening sexual deviants. It pretty much speaks for itself.

Mitsukara
08-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Sounds like scientology to me!

Sorry. Please don't kill me, church of scientology. YTMND made me do it!

Beldaran
08-14-2007, 05:06 PM
The internet is a medium. Saying the internet has a bad reputation is like saying air has a bad reputation. If I say "fuck you" to everyone I meet, that doesn't mean air is a bad medium. It just means I'm a dick.

Pineconn
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually, I find the operator of the site to be an entrepreneur (though robber baron). I find the entire concept to be ingenious, even though he does illegal deeds.

And I'd like to say
The first and last lines must rhyme
But do it your way.

:D

Dechipher
08-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Some people just need to have their lives ruined. Str8 ^