PDA

View Full Version : Hacking Message - What the heck?!

LostInHyru1e
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
A couple of hours ago I tried to get onto these forums, and it told me that the site had been "hacked" by somebody. What was wrong?

Majora
08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
AGN was hacked ;)

LostInHyru1e
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, I kind of gathered that, but who did it and how was it cleared up so quickly?

XMuppetSB
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I got that hacking message from that Turkish hacker earlier today as well. His name was hoca_kopat. I just wish those Turks would stop constantly hacking AGN, as this is the 3rd time this year that AGN has been hacked. :thumbsdn:

cbailey78
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
hoca_kopat and whoever else hacked this site should be locked up in prison for the rest of their lives! Hordes these days!

VEL
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
--Thread moved to General Discussion--

biggiy05
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Did they do any damage? No. Did you lose any body parts, teeth, arms, legs, etc...? No. Are the forums running as I am posting this? Yes.

Stupid stuff happens. The forums are running and no damage was done.

The_Amaster
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Isn't it almost always the same Turkish guys? And aren't they the ones that someone traced and found the picture of the two guys in bed? Why do they single us out I wonder? Or, assuming more likely that they hack a bunch of forums, why are we on their list. Because they can't hack everyone. That would be impossible.

DarkDragon
08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe they're Zelda fans :shrug:

Kudos to the administrators for the very timely cleanup job, btw.

Glenn the Great
08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
The Turkish Hacking phenomenon is very widespread on the Internet. From what I've been able to gather, they never target sites to personally offend them. Most of their work is automated, and focuses on attacking various hosting servers, and thus affecting all of the customers who subscribe to them.

Typically the attacks never cause harm, and always include a hint as to how to fix the security hole (such as this one did, with the advice to update a vBulletin file.) While it is annoying, they are actually doing a service, by bringing peoples' attention to problems before someone truly malicious discovers them.

Prrkitty
08-14-2007, 12:37 AM
They're helpful yet annoyingly obnoxious. Agreed that it's a good thing they're not malicious.

And agreed DarkDragon ... kudos to our admins for the quick fix/cleanup job :)

Beldaran
08-14-2007, 01:18 AM
I would be pretty pissed off if someone kept breaking into my house and leaving little notes about how they picked the lock. :)

ShadowTiger
08-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Better that than leaving little notes where our expensive vases used to be on or newly situated time bombs on how to protect ourselves from break-ins.

Though we don't know that they're using the chance to plant some sort of electronic time bomb either.

mrz84
08-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I didn't know AGN wwas hacked again. I didn't notice anything wrong, but then again I may have popped in before or after the hacking occured. :shrug:

AtmaWeapon
08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Better that than leaving little notes where our expensive vases used to be on or newly situated time bombs on how to protect ourselves from break-ins.

Though we don't know that they're using the chance to plant some sort of electronic time bomb either.NOT MY POSTS OH NO THEY DELETED MY POSTS

Actually Glenn is spot on, they probably just Google search for strings like "Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8" then run a script they downloaded from "MISSION WAREZ (``~...FBI CLOSE WINDOW...~``)" and cackle with glee as their "hack" is successful.

These people are not hackers and not even really crackers, just run-of-the-mill script kiddies that don't even understand why their stuff works.

SpykStorm
08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
AGN.......hacked.....again?!?

Well I did not evon notice. Good job on cleaning it up!