PDA

View Full Version : Small suggestion

Masamune
08-13-2007, 02:09 AM
It has occurred to me in the past that having the forum's official announcements displayed on the front page seems a little silly since most of the announcements are forum related, and do not really apply to classic gaming, ZC, or SE.

Example, someone who isn't familiar goes to http://armageddongames.net and one of the first things he sees as a relevant news article is the banning of Glenn and Lilith, plus some links to instances of offenses.

By no means am I bashing anyone, I just found this to be a little silly.

phattonez
08-13-2007, 10:18 AM
What's the difference between classic gaming and ZC here?

Masamune
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Classic gaming involves a broader spectrum of course. Hence why we have those reviews of old games on the left side of the main page.

Dechipher
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
... we have a main page?

chriscento
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi,

You suggestion are nice. What is the meaning of ZC or SE games.

Regards,
Honey.

Mitsukara
08-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree with Masa. It looks really bad to have the forum announcements on AGN's main page if AGN is indeed still trying to be a general-purpose gaming site/ZC site.

And as I noticed some time ago, it means that any older threads that get bumped in the OA forum also get bumped on the main page, so some thread from 2004 can suddenly show up as "news" on the main page.

Glenn the Great
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
My ban was big news though! It's the first thing anyone should know about upon visiting AGN! :(

Gerudo
08-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Glad to know you care so much about yourself, Glenn. :p

Anyways, I agree that non-member related items should be the only main page news. Official member disciplinary actions (namely bans) could be announced in another forum, but it would also be silly to have two 'announcement' forums, I guess.

ShadowTiger
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Hell, GU has 'em. :shrug: Although those are for things not reserved for members. Perhaps go back to using the announcement system? It was a fairly good system, I think.

phattonez
08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
We should use that space for news like we used to on the old AGN site. Announcements worked well, and we should use it, the last one is written by fatcatfan, so you know how old that is.

ShadowTiger
08-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, that one is still important. The hacking program is still being circulated, (Or can be...) and people are still using the versions with the crackable passwords. Hell, I just like to see the forum active! :D