PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon floors

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok, I noticed that in every dungeon, there are usually brown rims that are either next to the walls or are around edges of water and lava. The thing is, when I set out one of those brown rims and put a floor on where they are, the rims are gone. I want to put a floor under the rims.

Also, in some of these dungeons how do I remove rims that cannot be removed by simple tile replacing?

The_Amaster
08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, most tilesets have a set of floor tiles with rims as well, but if yours doesn't, you can use layering. Just put the floor on 0 and the rims on 1.

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
How do I do that?

Mega Link
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Click Here. (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858)

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Well all I'm asking is just one simple thing, not a whole tutorial.

All I want to know is how do I layer the rims and floors together.

Actually, can one of you make a video of doing this so I can see how it is done? I'm having trouble understaning that tutorial.

Plissken
08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Are you confused with layering all together?

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes I am.

Plissken
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
And you read the section in that tutorial about layering and you're still confused? I'm not sure if you really read it throughly then. We can't explain it better than that.

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Here is what I'm doing.

I'm using 1 and 2 on map 5, area 78.
I'm on that area as well, just like my layers are.

What should be transparent? 1 or 2?
What circle would I use to have a rim over lap a floor? 1 or 2?
What check boxes should I have checked to have rims over lap? 1 or 2?

Plissken
08-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Ok, you want the floor to be on layer 0, the preset screen. So far you have not touched the layer menu at all. Now go into the layers and to set up layer one put what map and what screen on that map you want the layer on. Now that screen will be the first layer over layer 0 on the original screen. That means that any solid colors on combos will cover up what is beneath them, but the transparent color (the black with an x) will be invisible and show layer 0 where that is. Do not touch the transparent box at all. Now go to layer 1 and put down the rims. The black part on them is invisible and layer 0 will show up where that is. I hope you can understand that.

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 11:39 PM
I went to layer 1 and put down the rims but they are still not overlapping.

Here is what I did.

box 0 off, box 1 off, circle 0 = failed
box 0 off, box 1 on, circle 0 = failed
box 0 on, box 1 on, cirlce 0 = failed
box 0 off, box 1 on, circle 1 = failed
box 0 on, box 1 on, circle 1 = failed
box 0 off, box 1 off, circle 1 = failed

Plissken
08-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Ok I'm not sure what you are talking about there. But did you set up layer one in Data -> Layers yet?

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Yes I did. Thats the only way to get circle 1 to be selectable.

As far as boxes go, I mean the boxes that you click on, an x appears and you can have both on or both off. When I said "failed", I meant that they did not over lap.

Plissken
08-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Ok yes. Click the circle to be able to edit that layer from the first screen (layer 0.) And if you want see the first layer, make sure the box is checked. Now on the first layer you just put the rim combos on it and it will overlap. Assuming you picked a different screen than layer 0 of course.

DemonSailormoon
08-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks. It's working now.

Actually, I think I did something to cause all this. I was in the wrong map and something weird happened. This map wouldn't allow it but I went to map 2 and did it.

Thank you so much.

Plissken
08-13-2007, 12:05 AM
It's fine. What I usually do for my layers is for each map I have 7. The first map is where I draw my screens on and the 2nd map is layer 1, 3rd map is layer 2, and so on till 7th map is layer 6. So if I'm working on screen 72 my layers are like this. Layer 1: Map 2; Screen 72. When layer 0 is on map 1.

DemonSailormoon
08-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah, do you know how to copy an entire pallet from one map to the other?

I'm making a new map and I want to take all of the colors from Dungeon 1(Eagle Dungeon) to this new map to make it look like that.

Plissken
08-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Just set the new map up with another DMap and change the appearance to the eagle dungeon palette.

DemonSailormoon
08-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh ok, thanks.

EDIT: Actually, the layer thing is acting up again. I did it on a pre-existing DMap and it worked but on this new one I'm doing, it doesn't work at all.

Majora
08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I skimmed through this, so I might repeat something that has already been said:

Use Auto-Layering. Basically, it assigns a whole other map as a layer to your current map. E.g. Each screen on Map 100 will be layer 2 for whatever map you're working on.

Well all I'm asking is just one simple thing, not a whole tutorial.

All I want to know is how do I layer the rims and floors together.

Actually, can one of you make a video of doing this so I can see how it is done? I'm having trouble understaning that tutorial.

I'll make a video. Nothing fancy, simply how to layer the floor with a rim like you want it.

EDIT: I hope this helps :D
http://www.zshare.net/video/31174881511f1b/