PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Hoppy Toad Breaks Up Wild Orgy

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Hey everyone, I hope you don't mind me sharing this adorable YouTube video with you.

In this video, Mr. Hoppy Toad breaks up a sex party of winged fireants!

Best part is at 00:37, where Mr. Hoppy Toad gives a piece of his mind to a dumbass squirrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH8oc6uQyfI

moocow
08-12-2007, 10:21 AM
What the fuck.

biggiy05
08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
What's the point of this? I'm tempted to move it out of GD.

moocow
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
There's no reason to, biggiy. It's just stupid, that's all.

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
The point is that I'm personally very interested in things like this, especially toads and fireants (considering where I live). I found this video fascinating, and I'm sorry you two are too cool for it.

XMuppetSB
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Hmm... a toad wouldn't usually eat fire ants, because of their painful sting. But on the other hand, fire ants with wings (which are breeders) are pretty much harmless, making it easier for the toad to eat them. Either way, that's a fact about nature (at least I think it is). And it's good to see you again, Glenn The Great.;)

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, it just goes to show why they have stingers. Did you see how many of them he ate? I've never seen a toad eat that much in one sitting. Just imagine what he would do if all of the fireants were that harmless.

But yeah, I am so glad that the winged ones don't sting. In the spring, the air is full of them. I remember the other year I was taking a stroll down the road, and my clothes were covered with them from them flying into me during their mating flight.

Cloral
08-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I just want to know what the heck was up with the music on that clip. Also, it looks like the safest place for the ants was on the toad's back where he couldn't reach.

AtmaWeapon
08-12-2007, 02:52 PM
What's the point of this? I'm tempted to move it out of GD.It is a video that made me laugh and honestly it is higher quality than 99% of the stupid video threads that are posted here. It included the following: A description A title that matched the content Commentary on why he found it interesting Suggestions to check choice parts of the videowhereas most people just post A link to the video in a thread titled "funny video". Just because it's a Glenn thread doesn't mean it's worthless, and displaying such attitudes raises questions about your ability to be impartial.

I likened this to some kind of Godzilla movie; the toad was so cold and emotionless as he selected at random the couple he decided to devour. All the while he had groups of ants on his back which he ignored, content to let them gaze in horror at the destruction he brought and later feel guilt at their cowardice.

mrz84
08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
This video is funny. I thought it wouldn't have made me laugh, but it did. It's like Godzilla, shrunken down and then given free reign from there. Especially the part with the squirrel. :kitty:

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I found the squirrel part really funny because I didn't even see it coming. It was totally unannounced (well for me at least, as I spoiled the surprise in my original post.) I had my eyes close to the screen watching the crazy feeding, and then all of a sudden there is this big dumb squirrel and I'm like WHAT THE FUCK! And then the toad looks like he pops it in the face with his tongue and it quickly goes away. I was like "hell yeah pwned, mofo!"

AtmaWeapon
08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
It's kind of like all those videos where the bear gets treed by a cat.

Bears aren't really terrified of cats but usually it looks like the bear gets clawed before it sees what did it and starts to run before it knows that the animal it is fleeing from could be quickly dispatched.

I'm not sure what made the squirrel run so fast but he probably didn't really expect that the toad could do that.

Brasel
08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
When the guy said that fire ants are the bane of existence to people living in the souther United States, he wasn't kidding. Try doing PT in a field on a military installation and end up realizing your doing pushups on a fire ant mound. Not a happy time.