PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney's Words of Wisdom

Beldaran
08-12-2007, 03:51 AM
In this charming interview from 1994, Dick Cheney explains to use why invading Iraq would be a horrible idea.

GOOD IDEA DICK.

The video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I)

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Wow....

Dick Cheney is smart about Iraq, and he shows liberal social values (lesbian daughter).

Why is he Bush's Vice President again?

Glitch
08-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Anyone that actually knows how our current government works, knows that Dick Cheney is, and always has been, the real power and driving force behind most of Bush's actions.

Did you know that the military no longer makes it's own MREs? It's been subcontracted to a catering company that Dick Chaney just happens to hold the majority of stock in.

mrz84
08-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I expected from the title of the thread a mockery of someething he said recently that might have been tought to be stupid. Yet after coming into this thread, I must say that I am taken aback that he is actually intelligent. Bravo I say. Bravo. :kitty:

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I can imagine a scenario where it is 2002 or 2003, and Bush is wanting to go to war.

Bush: We need to attack Iraq.
Cheney: No, let's not do that. *proceeds to say the things in the video*
Bush: What do you know? Your daughter is a lesbo! Keep quiet and let me run things!

I mean, there is that... but on the other hand, a lot of people like to speculate that Cheney pulls Bush's strings, what with Haliburton and all that. I have sort of a hard time seeing Cheney push the war after having so eloquently said the things he did back in 1994.

It's hard to put your finger on what is happening inside the Bush Administration, much due to all the secrecy they try to maintain, evidenced by the deleted E-Mails and everything.

Trevelyan_06
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
It's hard to put your finger on what is happening inside the Bush Administration, much due to all the secrecy they try to maintain, evidenced by the deleted E-Mails and everything.

It involves a lot of thumbs being placed up a lot of asses.

The_Amaster
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Of course he said all that stuff back then. I'm guessing back then, it was advantageous to him to say so. Cheney does whats good for Cheney and his friends.

phattonez
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Politicians do what is popular. Even changing your mind about abortion is popular, just look at Mitt Romney. You would think that both sides would criticize him for that.