PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon: updated terms of service

cyberkitten
08-11-2007, 12:03 AM
it's been over 3 yrs since they were updated. expect a new set to be posted in 24-48 hours.

also, glenn and lilith's bans will be lifted tomorrow evening, seeing as how while the rules were indeed broken multiple times, if the staff goes back and reviews ALL postings by all members in the last 2-3 weeks, we'd have an insane number of disciplinary actions taken. there is to be an amnesty of sorts due to the fact the the rules have been lax for some time. however, once the new TOS is posted, all members are expected to follow them and disciplinary actions will be applied consistently.

phattonez
08-11-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm so glad that our justice system doesn't work like this.

Gerudo
08-11-2007, 12:27 AM
you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

so let's all be damned... ;)

Prrkitty
08-11-2007, 01:48 AM
phattonez... ultimately I think the decision to unban glenn and lilith is a good thing especially since the TOS is being revamped and updated.

Everyone is being given a clean slate to start fresh - with a new updated TOS.

I promise it's a good thing hon.

phattonez
08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I know that it's different here, and I'm fine with it because no harm will come from it. However, if this were the real world, it would be a terrible decision. I guess it's a good thing that this is just "The Internets."

AtmaWeapon
08-11-2007, 01:58 AM
But if you destroy the world, what will there be left to rule?

Behavior has been "atrocious" over the past few weeks because all that remains is a tight-knit group of members that, for the most part, has been here for nearly a decade. We know each other well enough to be able to take a little ribbing.

If we decide that, to keep our bustling forum of a dozen active members under control, we must strengthen the rules, I suppose I shall be among the first to take a ban for having fun on an internet forum.

phattonez
08-11-2007, 02:01 AM
But you see, most of the stuff that we do now, even if they decide that it's not allowed in GD, it would work in GB. We all like to flame every now and then, and it's fun. When we lost GB we lost a lot more that just another forum.

cyberkitten
08-11-2007, 02:17 AM

actually, this is limited amnesty, applying solely to lilith and glenn because they were the two affected by the increased staff activity and application of the TOS.
to be fair, we'd either have to ban EVERYONE who violated or just unban two and make it known that the period of leniency is over. it's easier to unban two than to review every active member's posts.

Cronic
08-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Ha! I came back just in time for more rules ....hmmm

ShadowTiger
08-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I for one look forward to seeing what AGN considers a warnable offense. I didn't really think that the previous rules were sub-par, but were perhaps just incomplete. PureZC's (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10466) user guidelines, while complete, aren't harsh or really restrictive at all. AGN's were really even less restrictive, but seemed to have lacked certain provisions for several unlikely events which may have occurred. "Winging it" would have then been necessary, and since there wouldn't have had been anything written about it, users may have gotten the chance to complain about it, not just appeal it.

Ultimately, I think that keeping everyone happy is what a good set of rules should do. Seeing as you can't keep everyone happy, an attempt should be made at keeping at least the vast majority happy, while still setting a few provisions for those who don't fall under that umbrella. I suppose it's possible. Just have to get creative with it. :p

Well, all in all, I do look forward to seeing these new guidelines and rules. Maybe if I'm bored, I'll run 'em though my own little creativity outlet and spiffy 'em up with BB tags and all; make them look nice and shiny. :-3 Heh.

AtmaWeapon
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I for one look forward to seeing what AGN considers a warnable offense. I didn't really think that the previous rules were sub-par, but were perhaps just incomplete. [url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10466]

Ultimately, I think that keeping everyone happy is what a good set of rules should do. Note that in three threads about the "improved" ruleset the most active members of the forum are complaining that they believe the "inferior" ruleset fit the forums better.

*edit* Also if after this extremely public attempt to make your nose the darkest shade of #804000 you can get if they make you a mod or something I swear I'm going to troll you so relentlessly I will set a record for "number of posts made between first report and ban"

ShadowTiger
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
You don't have to tell me that I'm a sheep in so many words. I already know it.

It's actually tapping against my sense of curiosity than anything else, though it'd be nice to get a better sense of order around here. Whatever happens, I'm probably not going to stop posting. It takes a lot to destroy a community. To do that, you have to get rid of at least seventy five percent of the member base. Seeing as most of the people that consists of are either incredibly resistant to being warned for flaming or trolling, or never flame or troll anyway, it wouldn't be a problem to restructure the rules, seeing as, apparently, (As this thread exists.) AGN has need of a restructuring.

I don't really know what a "laid back" forum setup is. As far as I'm concerned, it's always been one. The only time it hasn't been laid back is when most of the people fear a ban for voicing their opinions without even trolling. If an opinion isn't trolling in some degree, (Like pointing out a MAJOR Flaw that the staff have blatantly ignored, or calling someone out in the process) there's really no reason to get concerned about it. Maybe I'm just one of those people who takes things as they are and will make do with whatever it is, but that's how I see it. Let whatever happen, happen. It'll still live on.

(EDIT: Far, far later on...)
if they make you a mod or something I swear I'm going to troll you so relentlessly I will set a record for "number of posts made between first report and ban"I know that people think that I'm brown-nosing. It's been made very clear to me on numerous occasions. I would almost stoop so low as to say that "I pity you" for thinking that it's absolutely impossible for people like me to exist, but unfortunately, (But not so!) we do. We want what's best for everyone pretty much all the time, while not trying to step on anyones' heels to want it or to get it. There's been a lot of crap slung around here, and I just think that there should be at least ONE person (Well, two, if you look a few inches below this post. :ooh: ) to try to hold it all back and keep things bright.

If you or anyone else here thinks that I'm brown-nosing to get myself some sort of staff position, then I would HAPPILY continue to say such things even without any offers for such a thing.

Prrkitty
08-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Note that in three threads about the "improved" ruleset the most active members of the forum are complaining that they believe the "inferior" ruleset fit the forums better.

*edit* Also if after this extremely public attempt to make your nose the darkest shade of #804000 you can get if they make you a mod or something I swear I'm going to troll you so relentlessly I will set a record for "number of posts made between first report and ban"

Atma, in my humble opinion, your comment in that last paragraph was VERY uncalled for. There is absolutely NO reason to announce that you will troll someone for something. It degrades you, makes you look very childish and also looks bad for the forum as a whole.

IF you feel the need to make that kind of statement then take it to PM. It should NEVER be made in a public area.

Freedom
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
What good are rules when they only open up more loopholes for the old fossils around here, that have no lives and have been around here forever, to use against noobs that come here and after being put down and ridiculed with carefully chosen "rule acceptable" words blow up and end up getting banned?

You only need 1 rule;
Internet bully fossils accepted, all others take a hike.

After all.... that's hows it always been the last several years I've been coming here, why change now?

phattonez
08-11-2007, 01:51 PM
So we shouldn't change things because it's always been that way? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Freedom
08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Since you are one of the ones that likes to treat noobs like shit I thought you would be pleased.

ShadowTiger
08-11-2007, 01:59 PM
What good are rules when they only open up more loopholes for the old fossils around hereIf things change for how you're predicting they will, then this statement will become the focus of many people here. Otherwise, I hope it's the thing that will be most resolved by these changes. I don't enjoy seeing several of the staff altogether avoiding the use of tact. It's completely counterintuitive.

phattonez
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't treat newbs bad, I don't even call them n00bs like you do apparently. It's just the ones that don't know how to talk and are retarded. I'm all up for new TOS, rules need to change with the times.

I don't know what your beef is with me but if you really want to discuss it them PM me.

Freedom
08-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't treat newbs bad, I don't even call them n00bs like you do apparently. It's just the ones that don't know how to talk and are retarded. I'm all up for new TOS, rules need to change with the times.

I don't know what your beef is with me but if you really want to discuss it them PM me.

Why don't you show them that same consideration?
Instead you hound them about their spelling to embarrass them in front of the whole world.
In addition, "retarded" people can't hardly help being the way they are now can they, but YOU on the other hand choose to act the way you do towards them.

You don't think you treat people bad?
What was that old saying....
You are judged NOT by how much you love others, but by how much you are loved by others.

phattonez
08-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Well I don't know how many people here exactly hate me. I always give people respect with their first post, but if they are still stupid after that then why should I still respect them if they don't respect me?

If you think that what I do is something worth a ban then PM a mod and ask them to ban me. Please, go ahead.

biggiy05
08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Freedom knock it off. If you wanna fight then do it in pm not OA. Phattonez the same goes for you.

Freedom
08-11-2007, 02:28 PM
If you can't respect them, then why can't you just leave them the hell alone?
People can often use your help, but they never need your ridicule, it only serves to make their difficult times even more difficult.
By your own posts it's obvious you think yourself better than them, they're retarded and stupid, so be better, help them.

EDIT,
Biggiy, just saw you post.
It's not that I want to fight, but what good are new rules when they still won't address the problem that this board has had all along?
But yep, I'll knock it off to please you. ;)

ShadowTiger
08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
This is actually pretty interesting. We're all familiar with these "n00bs" who come in, make a lot of really weird posts, get banned for what most here would consider spam, then have them come in to provide a crude, yet effective explanation for their behavior. I've seen some of these people become very bright and productive members of the community, actually. Remember ZC Architech? I am honored to call him my friend. It only takes time, really. I wonder what provisions will be made to provide for ... well, .. ... I guess I would call it "Prehabilitation?" It'd be similar to abortion in nature: You would be getting rid of something that's currently unwanted, but that could become a future Einstein or Bach or Gates or Hitler.

Masamune
08-11-2007, 02:44 PM
But yep, I'll knock it off to please you. ;)

What's this? Don't punk out now. You haven't even proved your obviously correct point yet. Please continue to insist that you are correct.

Prrkitty
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Freedom... *I* am and have been trying VERY hard to NOT be a bully and to help change, to a large degree, the "bullying" that you are so eagerly complaining about... around here.

If you would like to discuss this further please PM me and we can discuss this more in depth. Please and thank you.

Freedom
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I wasn't referring to you Prrkitty. ;)
I promise.

phattonez
08-12-2007, 02:07 AM
So I have a question about the new TOS. Will we be able to say anything that might change them once they are posted or will they be set in stone?

cyberkitten
08-12-2007, 02:15 AM
the new TOS will be compiled with the input of all of the available staff, most likely sometime sunday afternoon. that should give enough diverse viewpoints to arrive at a fair set of rules that aren't overly restrictive.
they're essentially going to be the old set (it's looking like) with some of the old rules dropped completely.

AtmaWeapon
08-12-2007, 02:15 AM
I apologize for nothing, as I feel my statements were called for.

You don't make 4,000 posts over 7 years on a forum without getting a certain degree of attached to it. In the early days, AGN was pretty lax and I remember posting patterns comparable to what the past weeks have been. This was OK because when there's less than a dozen or so active members on a forum people tend to know each other better so the threshold of flaming is much higher. Additionally, it's nice to have some activity even if it is pointless threads and flamewars because the alternative is what I saw quite often over the last year: 2 new posts in a day on a fast day.

So I'm just starting to integrate AGN into my "browse the web" pattern again and having a good time of it when, out of nowhere, CK bans two of the four members that I personally believe are responsible for the surge of new activity. There was quite a bit of disagreement over this and the memberbase was split on the decision. Then we're notified that we're obviously out of control and a new TOS is going to be posted to maintain order and it's just like "what?"

I let all that slide pretty much though and was chill, but then Mr. Sunshine comes in all "Hey guys at PureZC it is SO cool and you just don't understand AGN is like the wild wild west and you guys need more rules. I mean the rules are here to make people happy and the majority of you seem to believe you are happy with the current rules I support the staff in their decision to completely ignore the sentiment of the users!". So yeah I draw the line of forced politeness there.

Incidentally, I do acknowledge that the AGN staff is under no obligation to respect the requests of the users. The staff's job is to run the site and for the most part users don't pay the bills so hey whatever. I do wish to point out that dissatisfied users (also banned users) don't tend to continue to visit the site, so while no obligation exists there is a convincing argument for the importance of user sentiment.

I seriously urge you to consider the number of active users on the forums and consider whether a stricter rule set that results in more banned users is a wise choice. Iron fist moderation has a place on forums with so many users that standards of behavior must be kept; it is my belief that AGN is just not large enough to warrant such tight control.

Also I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see any of Freedom's posts but then I remembered I put him on my ignore list long ago. I thought I was supposed to get some text that let me click to see what he said though?

Anyway I can't remember why I initially put him on there but it seems like it was an excellent idea!

Good thing I checked I thought his stuff had been deleted and I had a particularly venomous statement to make about that behavior.

phattonez
08-12-2007, 02:20 AM
So then it will be less restrictive? Hmm, I think a lot of the people should be happy about this. But I want to see what we're going to get before I put my opinion on it.

EDIT: I know that it won't say it, but there will always be a difference between making fun of a newb and doing the same to a mod.

cyberkitten
08-12-2007, 02:24 AM
consider whether a stricter rule set that results in more banned users is a wise choice.

the new rules are going to be LESS strict. see the post above yours.
and i believe the statement was just that the rules were going to be ENFORCED. not necessarily that everyone was out of control.

Dechipher
08-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm assuming that staff does not include me, for while I am a Shattered Earth Moderator, that is less of a rule-enforcing job and more of a "convenience in editting threads" job. If not, then if I may make a tiny request regarding one of the rules. Instead of a straight up "no advertisements" rule, I think it would be better to have "no signing up for the sake of advertisements" rule. It's pretty obvious when people just sign up to advertise, and those people don't care about the rules anyway. But I know that if I got something of mine put on iTunes and I told everyone here about it, it would be against the rules, which I think is kind of messed up. I'm obviously not here to advertise, but I dont' see anything wrong with members displaying their talents, regardless of whether it makes money or not.

cyberkitten
08-12-2007, 02:32 PM
that seems to be the general thought, dechipher, and you ARE staff. your input in the TOS thread in FS would be most appreciated. soon plz, as the new list is going up this afternoon/evening. danke :)

AtmaWeapon
08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
the new rules are going to be LESS strict. see the post above yours.
and i believe the statement was just that the rules were going to be ENFORCED. not necessarily that everyone was out of control.Oh OK I apologize in advance conditionally pending whether there is an "AtmaWeapon is banned" rule

SpykStorm
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm assuming that staff does not include me, for while I am a Shattered Earth Moderator, that is less of a rule-enforcing job and more of a "convenience in editting threads" job. If not, then if I may make a tiny request regarding one of the rules. Instead of a straight up "no advertisements" rule, I think it would be better to have "no signing up for the sake of advertisements" rule. It's pretty obvious when people just sign up to advertise, and those people don't care about the rules anyway. But I know that if I got something of mine put on iTunes and I told everyone here about it, it would be against the rules, which I think is kind of messed up. I'm obviously not here to advertise, but I dont' see anything wrong with members displaying their talents, regardless of whether it makes money or not.that seems to be the general thought, dechipher, and you ARE staff. your input in the TOS thread in FS would be most appreciated. soon plz, as the new list is going up this afternoon/evening. danke Could'nt you get an admin to make an advertisemaent forum? Maybe where you haft to have 100 posts to post in?

phattonez
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Why would you want an advertisement forum? That's what sigs are for and we already have enough ads on the site.

SpykStorm
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry if that was condisered Rent A Moding. I just checked my PM's.

Why would you want an advertisement forum? That's what sigs are for and we already have enough ads on the site.
I really don't want them to change the Ad rule at all. Oh well.

Prrkitty
08-12-2007, 04:00 PM
spyk... just let the staff handle things hon :) Please and thank you :)

DarkDragon
08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
If you have only one post, and that post is an advertisement, it's pretty clear you're spamming and should be permabanned, especially since a lot of these ads come from bots.

But advertisement by established members is a gray area, which has been evaluated on a case-by-case basis in the past.

Beldaran
08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I really think there's a difference between "advertising" and "showing your work".

Advertising is a commercial endeavor. When Decipher or I post music, it's just like showing our friends what we spend our time on. It's no different than if I drew a cool picture and posted it. It's just friends showing their friends the results of their hard work.

I'm sure staff would let us know if they thought we were crossing the line into commercialism.

Dechipher
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I actually don't have access to FS, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. I'd love to help out though.

Freedom
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Also I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see any of Freedom's posts but then I remembered I put him on my ignore list long ago. I thought I was supposed to get some text that let me click to see what he said though?

Anyway I can't remember why I initially put him on there but it seems like it was an excellent idea!

AtmaWeapon,
Good eye, you realized instantly that you were one of the fossils I was referring to.
You think because you have been around here forever that everyone that has come after you has to meet with your approval, otherwise you do everything in your power to get them banned.
You put me on your ignore list for that very reason long long ago when I came here, because I wouldn't put up with your bullshit.
You might be "attached" to this board, but you sure do nothing to it's benefit. ;)

Beldaran
08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
What are you talking about Freedom? Atmaweapon is an awesome member. I don't think any of the older members try and "get people banned".

Freedom
08-12-2007, 05:41 PM
What are you talking about Freedom? Atmaweapon is an awesome member. I don't think any of the older members try and "get people banned".

I'll have to take your word for it, I don't share your fond memories. ;)
It makes no real difference to me either way, I'm here for the Zelda Classic, and seldom come up in these upper forums for the very reason I've stated, and since it seems to stay up here, and seldom migrates down there, then other than the loss of some new members it won't effect Zelda Classic all that much. ;)
So you guys can feel free to eat anybody you want. ;)
I'll get back out before I get you all in a tizzy and you lose sleep trying to think up new ways to get at "Freedom" ;)

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Could'nt you get an admin to make an advertisemaent forum? Maybe where you haft to have 100 posts to post in?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, THIS is considered rent-a-modding???!!!

The guy just made a freaking suggestion. He's a member here, and he wants to give you some input.

If anything needs to be looked at very closely, it is the definition of rent-a-modding. Currently it is interpreted as loosely as Britney Spears' cunt, and I should know, as I've been fucked over by that rule countless times when I never had any intention of trying to do a Moderator's job.

AtmaWeapon
08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey if I quote Freedom I can see his posts.

I'll give you your comment about me feeling like people must meet my approval before continuing to post here. It is completely true, but you miss some details.

I was going to make a big post but I really already have in that stupid epic reputation system guide I made. It's not that the old members have consciously formed a clique at AGN, it's that we're the only people that through all the trials and downtimes and domain moves and other problems keep coming back. We are AGN, and in fact most of this clique are among the highest ranked staff members. This happens in any forum community, and this isn't the only forum that has the same kind of social structure.

So what I'm saying is when you join a forum and start pissing in the cornflakes of members who have join dates several years predating yours and postcounts that suggest their loss of virginity will not predate the heat death of the universe, you are going to get pretty unpopular pretty fast. Some people can deal with this and actually seem to enjoy the negative attention; I don't think Glenn would keep coming back if he wasn't a little bit of a sucker for pain. You too, Freedom, seem to enjoy getting the elder members riled up and against you and that's cool because at least you know where to quit before getting banned.

I really don't remember why I put you on my ignore list and I hate to post what I think it is because I am almost certain I'm getting you confused with Stray Cannon. I'm pretty sure it involved an argument where you were clearly in the minority that held your opinion and you chose to argue via inflammatory comments and I couldn't take it anymore though.

If it makes you feel better, I'm taking you back off because quoting your posts to see what you said is wasting too much time on your posts.

phattonez
08-12-2007, 06:31 PM
If I remember correctly, the last time Freedom ventured up here he was banned.

We don't try to get people banned, but we won't hold our tongue if we don't like someone.

Prrkitty
08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
FYI Glenn... his rent-a-modding problem was made about another post he made ... in another thread actually. It might be prudent if you make sure you know what you're talking about before you get your panties all in an uproar.

He just made his comment about his infraction in the post he was making.

Freedom
08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
If I remember correctly, the last time Freedom ventured up here he was banned.

We don't try to get people banned, but we won't hold our tongue if we don't like someone.

Yep, my one and only ban and it was for tearing into Breaker and he deserved it, and I'd do it all over again.
What do you mean by "WE"?

You did your BEST to antagonize ZeldaPro to the point he got himself banned, maybe he deserved it, and maybe it would have come anyway, but you helped drive him to it.
Who are you to make that decision?
So screw you if you don't like somebody, you don't speak for the rest of the members here, maybe they WANT some of those people to have a chance, before getting railroaded out.

Since I've been here longer than you, does that mean then I can antagonize you to the point that you finally blow up and say something that will get you banned?
Is that how that unwritten rule works?

Daarkseid
08-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I really don't remember why I put you on my ignore list and I hate to post what I think it is because I am almost certain I'm getting you confused with Stray Cannon. I'm pretty sure it involved an argument where you were clearly in the minority that held your opinion and you chose to argue via inflammatory comments and I couldn't take it anymore though.

As I recall, you were debating the merits of government involvement in society, and where you continued to reply with your well reasoned and articulated points, he had much shorter replies that either didn't address the points you made, but instead he simply went on about how "guvmint" is bad, and he did use that word(although I can't honestly say for sure I have the spelling right).

It was probably his obstinacy in his positions and continued alternate use for the word government that seemed to irritate the hell out you, so that may have been why you put him on ignore.

Freedom
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
As I recall, you were debating the merits of government involvement in society, and where you continued to reply with your well reasoned and articulated points, he had much shorter replies that either didn't address the points you made, but instead he simply went on about how "guvmint" is bad, and he did use that word(although I can't honestly say for sure I have the spelling right).

It was probably his obstinacy in his positions and continued alternate use for the word government that seemed to irritate the hell out you, so that may have been why you put him on ignore.

You might be right, and that would be "guvmit" since the socialists now running it don't earn the respect to be called a Government. ;)
And since what I've seen first hand over the last 53 years doesn't line up with what the colleges are saying about it, then anyone half my age will fully disagree with me.... at least for now. ;)

I'll EDIT this so the thread doesn't continue to get off topic,

What I said 4 years ago has now come to fruit.
The GOVERNMENT is allowing the illegals to pour in here to prop up the social(ist) security that without them will go belly up.
THat was what the disagreement was, socialism.

phattonez
08-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Freedom, I say we because I recall you saying something along the lines of "you and a group of other people antagonize new members to the point where they never want to come back." Maybe I remember wrong, but it still doesn't matter, that's my opinion.

I don't know why you bring this up again, but if you want to argue again, just PM me like yesterday.

Freedom
08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Freedom, I say we because I recall you saying something along the lines of "you and a group of other people antagonize new members to the point where they never want to come back." Maybe I remember wrong, but it still doesn't matter, that's my opinion.

I don't know why you bring this up again, but if you want to argue again, just PM me like yesterday.

I bring it up again because that's what this whole conversation has been about.
The treatment of new people that come here.

Beldaran
08-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree with Freedom about the guvmint. (libertarian here)

Pineconn
08-12-2007, 07:15 PM
...Okay.

Hey, can we make sure to add that copying/stealing another's avatar is a bannable offense? Anyone remember the Pineconn_lolz incident?

ShadowTiger
08-12-2007, 07:22 PM
That's the kind of issue that everyone knows really irks people and with "good" reason, but nothing can really be done about it because it's so ... all over the board decision-wise. It's like that old childing game "I'm not touching you!!" with your finger hovering millimeters over someone's epidermis.

Counter justice would generally be composed of pointing a loaded gun at him and replying with "I'm not scaring you..."

AlexMax
08-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Why do we need a whole plethera of rules? You only need a couple:

Rule Zero: We reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason or even no reason.
Rule One: Don't be an idiot.
Rule Two: No warez, ROM's, illegal pornography, copyrighted content (excluding fair use and satire), other stuff that would cause AGN to get Party V&'ed by the FBI, etc.
Rule Three: Don't break the forums.

ShadowTiger
08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, but who is "we?"

That depends on what "is" is.You have no idea how tempted I am to say "are" now instead. :goofy:

Freedom
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes, but who is "we?"

That depends on what "is" is. ;)

AlexMax
08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes, but who is "we?"

I imagine that the rules would be coming from the point of view of an administrator, so "We" would refer to the colletive administrators and moderators as a whole.

Really, writing out 10 pages worth of rules and trying to scrutinize people closely makes things more complicated than they need to be. I say keep them simple, so their intent is not lost. The more complicated the rules are, the more likely some joker is going to try and pick them apart and find a loophole.

biggiy05
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Here's a grand idea. Freedom, go make a thread in GD and stop derailing this thread.

Glenn the Great
08-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I imagine that the rules would be coming from the point of view of an administrator, so "We" would refer to the colletive administrators and moderators as a whole.

Really, writing out 10 pages worth of rules and trying to scrutinize people closely makes things more complicated than they need to be. I say keep them simple, so their intent is not lost. The more complicated the rules are, the more likely some joker is going to try and pick them apart and find a loophole.

Well, conversely, if the rules are too simple, it will be easy for them to be applied too broadly. There is a real and dire need for many of the Moderators to be held in check by the new TOS.

AlexMax
08-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, conversely, if the rules are too simple, it will be easy for them to be applied too broadly. There is a real and dire need for many of the Moderators to be held in check by the new TOS.

If you're that worried about the mods being faggots and banning you, start your own forums.

Prrkitty
08-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Y'all.... ENOUGH!!! The sniping ends here NOW! Take it to private please and thank you.

We're trying to stop all this bickering, sniping, angry comments/etc. PLEASE help us by not continuing all this in the public forum.

Glitch
08-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Unless your name happens to be Glenn, then you're still fucked.

Dechipher
08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Unless your name happens to be Glenn, then you're still fucked.

I don't think I've seen you post anything that wasn't degrading to Glenn....which is kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Not that you are. Because that would be both flaming and incredibly ignorant of me to presume that I can judge you based solely on humorous comments.

Glitch
08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't think I've seen you post anything that wasn't degrading to Glenn....which is kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Not that you are. Because that would be both flaming and incredibly ignorant of me to presume that I can judge you based solely on humorous comments.

I could link many posts recently where I don't. Is it pathetic? Prolly, but I really don't give a shit. As long as I'm here and active, Glenn will never have a peaceful existance on AGN. He destroyed that hope long long ago.

He still talks with his "better than you" tone which just seals the deal on my reminding him constantly that he's barely better than the turd I just flushed down the toilet.

smallfish
02-15-2011, 04:15 AM
If we decide that, to keep our bustling forum of a dozen active members under control, we must strengthen the rules, I suppose I shall be among the first to take a ban for having fun on an internet forum.