PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon entrance I'm hopeless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I am at the end of my leash.:confused:
I have tried aplhadog's tutorial. Yes, its good. But, I'm using version 2.10.
(Windows XP.) Aplhadog only meant for that tutorial to help with that version.
I have downloaded ever version, but my quest will only load on 2.10. :googly:
I followed the tutorial, and I have made my dungeon, placed link's starting point,
EVERYTHING is the way it should be. Except:scared: When I go to the dungeon entrance, I go to a cave!!!!! Yes, I have 2 DMaps, Yes, one of them is a dungeon. Yes, starting points are where they should be. I am totally lost.
Please help me! :shakeno:
:(:(:( :kitty:
I will provide pictures!
Here is what happens:
I would list pictures, but how the heck do I put pictures here?????
I go to the tree.
I hit it with boomerang.
Staircase to dungeon (Entrance) appears.
Go in it,
Your in a cave?!?!?!?

Plissken
08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
The tile warp you set up is wrong. Don't set it to Cave/Item Room, set it as Entrance/Exit.

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 02:42 PM
:) Let me try that!
Thanks for your time!
Which one do I pick? The overworld Dmap, or the dungeon Dmap?

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 02:45 PM
AHh! I still go to the cave!!!!!
(I picked Dungeon for my Dmap...)

Freedom
08-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Under data>tile warp is where you set your warp.
And a map and a dmap are not the same thing.
The map is where you paint all your screens, where the dmap is what supplies the info, like music and color for the screen once you warp to it.
You ALWAYS warp from one dmap to another, and that determines how to display the screen you warp to.

Plissken
08-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Well all I can suggest is to read AlphaDawg's tutorial. Yes it was made in an older version but you can still use it for 2.10 and have almost the exact same result that he got.

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for everyone's help....
I'm still trying new things, and thank you for helping me understand what a dmap and what a normal map is. lol.
If any of you want a spot on the credits for when I make the game, your welcome to.
I just can't find the right part of alphadog's tutorial.. Anyone have any ideas?
I'm sorry I'm such an idiot. =)
I am gonna list the pictures so that it might help...
(note once you leave the picture page, you can't get back)
http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/secret.htm

Plissken
08-10-2007, 03:02 PM
The part of the tutorial you need is right at the beginning of the dungeon building.

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Thank you! Check my post, or go to http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/secret.htm
to see pictures of what's wrong.....

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I press "go" to test the tile warp... It goes where I want it to.
BUT I hit the tree, go down the stairs and its the cave. I followed aplhadog's tutorial....
I'm gonna put A picture of what I mean up..
Ok, the tilewarp window says this exactly....

Type: Entrance\Exit
DMap: 1-Dungeon 1
Screen: 0x62

62 is the room you start at in the dungeon/ ;)

Freedom
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I already told you what is wrong.
You set your warp under DATA>TILEWARP
otherwise it take you to the cave as default.
In the tilewarp screen you set it to go to the dmap that you have chosen for the dungeon you built.
You also need to set it as entrance/exit and set the screen number. ;)

EDIT... ok you posted while I did and I see you got it.
To change boss music you have to set up another dmap exactly like the other dungeon dmap except for the "boss music" and then sidescroll warp with it to the boss screen.

Look in my sig at the "ZC information I've compiled and my quests" link and you'll find several tutorials.

tubbyplayer
08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
press "go" to test the tile warp... It goes where I want it to.
BUT I hit the tree, go down the stairs and its the cave. I followed aplhadog's tutorial....
I'm gonna put A picture of what I mean up..
Ok, the tilewarp window says this exactly....

Type: Entrance\Exit
DMap: 1-Dungeon 1
Screen: 0x62

62 is the room you start at in the dungeon/

Freedom
08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
In the picture, the stair combo, right click on it and look at properties and see if it is a "stairs A" type, if it is a b,c,or d, then that might be your problem.
THere are a lot of things you could have wrong to cause that.
You really need to look at those tutorials ;)

Master Maniac
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
yea i have the same problem with the dungeon and all my stuff is set the same except im using a cave entrance

LostInHyru1e
08-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Make sure that your Dungeon DMap is set correctly: that the DMap's type is "Dungeon" and that you use RELATIVE COORDINATES for the warp. Relative coordinates mean the screen number it has when you put up the DMap page, not the map's ABSOLUTE coordinate number.

That was more for Master Maniac, as I see that TubbyPlayer seems to have tested the warp and had it work right, so I don't know what's wrong for him.

Master Maniac
08-10-2007, 05:55 PM
ive tested the warp and it coes to the right place when i click go but when i try to test it in an actual game, it goes to a cave (and its a cave thats not even built on any maps either)

LostInHyru1e
08-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't know what's wrong, but I would try setting the Dungeon to a different DMap(say... two) and then trying to warp there. If it doesn't work then, then switch the screen you're warping from and try a different one.

tubbyplayer
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I got it. sorry, I forgot to tell everyone before I left to leave for the weekend!