PDA

View Full Version : NES RPGs Reccomendations please, thank you

MotleyCrueFan
08-10-2007, 05:01 AM
I would like suggestions on good Nintendo Entertainment System Role Playing Games.

I already have* or have played**: Final Fantasy 2 (I think)**, Dragon Warrior 1-3*, Crystallis*, Fester's Quest*.

Their are more I have but I will need time to think it over.

God Bless-

Zelda Classic (Jason).

mrz84
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Dragon Warrior 4 is a good choice, as is Final Fantasy 1 and 3, perhaps Bard's Tale as well. Maybe you might also like Battle of Olympus (a good game), Crystalis (also a classic), any of the SD Gundam Gaiden Knight Gundam Monogatari games (if you don't mind japanese and no guides on gamefaqs to help you), Ys (a nice series) and maybe Wizadry (I have yet to play it myself, but it is an RPG so I recommended it) and that's all I can recommend to ya. Have fun and play happy. :kitty:

Gleeok
08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Wizardry 4 is my favorite NES game, if you like old-school dungeon crawls. DW4 is also a gem. I heard Fire Emblem is a good strategy game. The rest have already been mentioned. Been too many years since I played most of them.

DarkDragoonX
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
The original Final Fantasy is great, and remains my favorite in the series. Sweet Home is a very original horror RPG pulled off well. The NES version of Willow is great fun. Just Breed is a great SRPG. You can never go wrong with Earthbound's prequel, Mother. Radia Senki is an amazing RPG that was ahead of it's time, incorporating real-time combat.

That should keep you busy for a while.

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Wizardry 4 is my favorite NES game, if you like old-school dungeon crawls. DW4 is also a gem. I heard Fire Emblem is a good strategy game. The rest have already been mentioned. Been too many years since I played most of them.

The modern Fire Emblems are great, but the old ones have a nasty problem: They're in Japanese. I have the two NES games (I think it's just those two), but I don't know what to do. And frankly, the best part of the games have always been the story.

So, does anybody know if there's been a translation project out there?

mrz84
08-11-2007, 09:11 PM
There is a translation patch for them, but I can't remember where I got them. Maybe Zepher's Domain I think, but I'm not sure. And I don't remember the url of it either, but I suppose you could just google it. It's got mostly public domain stuff so it should be fine to mention here (I hope)

Modus Ponens
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link rocks my face.