PDA

View Full Version : ok i think im doin somethin wrong...

Master Maniac
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
ok when i try 2 load my custom quest to test it it only lets me play the original. (yes i tried the left alt twice but that didnt bring up the browse bar and i also tried the quest directory, but i didnt think that would work) are there any other ways to load and test the custom quest? thanx 4 th help...lol im kinda a noob if u cant tell

The_Amaster
08-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Make sure that your keys are set properly. We said left alt because that's the default "A" button, but you may have it set to somthing different. I'm not sure where in the menus the key setting are, but it's pretty obvious.

Freedom
08-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Register a name first, then press the alt button to browse and select your quest.

Master Maniac
08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
ok thanx and i cant get the place where i start to be where link is and it wont move how do i fix this?

The_Amaster
08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Can you be more specific? Also, have you read Alphadawgs tutorial all the way through?

Master Maniac
08-07-2007, 11:39 PM
ok bein more specific, when i start the game it starts in the wrong place in the overworld and thats not where link is supposed to appear so i cant move to get out and i even tried moving link's starting place into there and it still didnt work and i read alphadawgs tutorial and im past the part where we find a place to put link to start. it says to put the green glowy lookin thing there where you want him to start but he still doesnt appear. do i have to select a specific sprite or something?

The_Amaster
08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Well, you need to place the green square AND set Links starting DMap in init. data AND set the screen he starts on on the DMap data screen. Think of it as a kinda Country->State-> City thing. You need all three to know where you are.

Master Maniac
08-07-2007, 11:53 PM
ok cool thanx i got it to work but i did the cave wrong lol