PDA

View Full Version : Flashlight weapon that causes vomiting...

Prrkitty
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Homeland Security has hired someone to develop these type flashlights. When pointed at you, it is a nonlethal weapon to disarm you by making you literally vomiting sick.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292271,00.html

I can't deny it's a rather unique way to disarm someone. But I also can see this going horribly wrong when used on some people that would/could be REALLY sensative to the way this flashlight works... maybe could kill people instead of just making them vomiting sick.

Trevelyan_06
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
The only dangerous thing I can think of would be seizures. However, considering that these are going to be used by Law Enforcement agencies if the suspect did suffer a seizure after being hit with this light, then they are assured of getting trained first aid.

Of course, there will probably be those who say it's unsafe when it goes into wide spread use, just like there are those who say the Taser is a lethal weapon.

Prrkitty
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Agreed. I couldn't think of the Taser when I was making my initial post. I read somewhere that when the Taser was first being developed that it was supposed to be intended as a nonelethal way of disarming someone. Yet the Taser has killed people.

I see this flashlight going the same way as the Taser.

Trevelyan_06
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
The Taser has never been the sole cause of death. It has, however, been a factor in death. Usually, someone is high on drugs or is unstable and the police wind up Tasering them four or five times and their hearts give out.

I'll admit that in those cases the Taser is probably overused. However, and I'm not saying that all or even a majority of police are above evil, the police usually find themselves in a bad place. Things like the Taser and this light give them more options and that's always good. Before the invention of these if someone ran at a cop with a hunting knife they had two options: A. Try to get out of the way and possibly get stabbed. B. Pull their revolver and shoot the person. Now they have the options of either tasering a person or using this puke light.

The police have a difficult job. They go into situations that most of us do our utmost to avoid at all costs. Their lives are often put into danger and they have to follow rules and laws just to protect themselves. Even if these two weapons do sometimes cause death, it's still far better for police to have the option to use them instead of having to rely solely on their batons and guns.

Beldaran
08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I already have a flashlight that makes people vomit when you shine it on them. It's just a regular flashlight with a picture of Rosie O'Donnell taped to the front.

Trevelyan_06
08-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes Beldran, but this new flashlight is NON-lethal. There-in lies the difference between yours and the one in the article.

Cronic
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Anything beats a gun... anything