PDA

View Full Version : This is a test Poll to learn how to do one

Prrkitty
08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
This is a test. You may now go about your business. Thank you.

Edit: It's very easy to make a poll.

Beldaran
08-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Edit: It's very easy to make a poll.

BUT THAT'S NOT ONE OF THE CHOICES!!!

[Beldaran's head explodes]

Glenn the Great
08-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Back in my day, we did this sort of thing is the private staff forum.

Gerudo
08-07-2007, 02:12 AM
back in your day?

what are you, 90?

AtmaWeapon
08-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Checkbox poll voted everything

*edit*Also I hear there is this weird bug that I don't want to bother double posting to try but the way polls are done is stupid if this works.

See, making a poll is separate from making the post. You make the post, it appears in the index, then the poster is taken to the page to edit the poll. It is possible (though unlikely on less active forums) that there will be replies to the post before the poll is finished. At this point, the OP gets an error message and it is impossible to add the poll to the post.

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Back in my day, we did this sort of thing is the private staff forum.

You sound like such a snob when you say that, honestly. Like you're frowning on us with your majestic Glenn™ brand of disapproval.

Obviously, it was done here in order to address the problems that member Zelda Classic has been causing. After reading his closed threads, I don't entirely see what was so spam about them, except for the fact that his titles and hobo-polls were annoying. While I feel like he's getting a bit of a short stick because he's a newbie (Atma's mock thread is really not much different, but nobody will ever close that), I do agree that something needed to be done, and this was it. Hopefully, the problems will now cease.

AtmaWeapon
08-07-2007, 10:45 PM
You sound like such a snob when you say that, honestly. Like you're frowning on us with your majestic Glenn™ brand of disapproval.

Obviously, it was done here in order to address the problems that member Zelda Classic has been causing. After reading his closed threads, I don't entirely see what was so spam about them, except for the fact that his titles and hobo-polls were annoying. While I feel like he's getting a bit of a short stick because he's a newbie (Atma's mock thread is really not much different, but nobody will ever close that), I do agree that something needed to be done, and this was it. Hopefully, the problems will now cease.HOW DARE YOU

My parody threads are of the utmost quality and I even included the cliffhanger possibility of publishing AtmaWeapon and the Deathly Windchimes for your pleasure if enough people voted :mad:

ShadowTiger
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I will vote for you sir. :) I loved your first six books. ^__^ Barry Rotter was the most interesting character I've ever tried to identify with for a few minutes at a time until my sister stole the book from me to read for another few minutes until I got the baseball bat.

Polls are easy enough to make once you know what to push to make it.

XMuppetSB
08-08-2007, 10:45 AM
There's nothing hard about creating polls. I've made some at PureZC in the past.:)

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
HOW DARE YOU

I wasn't saying that I found anything particularly wrong with your post, Atma. I found it funny, actually, so mission accomplished. I was simply pointing out that it was very similar to the closed posts, and the clear bias existed that "this post isn't spam because atma is funny". If you were a noob, somebody would most likely yell at you.

I'm not trying to criticize the mods for their actions, because I'm sure there was some sort of PM or warning or whatever action taken, and since I can't see it, I'm in no position to talk. I'm just trying to point out the obvious anti-noobism that is rampant on the boards. It's my attempt at internet activism, for what it's worth.

Gerudo
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
There's nothing hard about creating polls. I've made some at PureZC in the past.:)even though they feel the same, Pure and AG use different forum software.

still easy though.

mrz84
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I've only made a few polls since joining, but I never found them hard to do. :kitty:

ShadowTiger
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Made an image of it.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/BH4/Random%20Images/AGNHowToMakeAPoll1.gif
I wonder if there's any way to put this in a place that's more obvious so others can see it before they even have to ask. Think this image is "enough?"

Glenn the Great
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
It is very honorable of you to do such a thing ST. Realistically though, I don't think it would have made a difference for the likes of Zelda Classic. Nothing would. :shrug:

biggiy05
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Zelda Classic was banned and will not be visiting the forums ever again.

Prrkitty
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
biggiy ... think we should close this then? or just let it die on it's own?

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I vote close. If the poor guy couldn't pull it together, I see no reason to leave a thread open that was mostly as a result of his actions. Most of the rest of us are smart enough to ask how to post a poll, rather than make one using numbers.

biggiy05
08-09-2007, 12:36 PM
People can still read the thread if they really have that much trouble trying to make a poll.

Closed.