PDA

View Full Version : Dateline reporter's cover blown at Hacker Convention

Glenn the Great
08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I haven't laughed this hard in weeks!

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article2209397.ece

Apparantly Dateline NBC (The same people who bring you To Catch a Predator) tried to send one of their reporters undercover to sneak into the Defcon Hacker Convention to try to get the attendees to admit to committing e-crimes while being secretly video-recorded.

The organizers of the convention found out about this plot ahead of time, and set this female reporter up in a very embarrassing way.

Don't forget to look at the YouTube video linked to in the article. It was taken by an attendee, recording the stupid woman getting busted, and being chased out of the convention to her car by a hundred nerds asking her questions as if they were reporters. The look on her face was priceless. I thought she was going to break down and cry!

punkonjunk1024
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
HACKERS really seem to be in the news lately, lulz. Good thing the media is soooo good at capturing it.

Cloral
08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Why was she crying? If you're an undercover reporter, you have to expect that your cover is going to be blown every once in a while. And like the guy said, she did chose a life in front of the camera. So that sort of attention should be normal for her.

In other words, she's a pretty piss-poor reporter.

AtmaWeapon
08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Have you guys seen the Defcon badges? (http://eecue.com/log_archive/eecue-log-730-Defcon_15___Badge_Radness.html) They are so rad and I want something that cool :(

Modus Ponens
08-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Holy shit, yeah, Atma, those things rock. She made a pretty big mistake not accepting their offer of returning to the conference under true pretenses.

Aegix Drakan
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
...roflcopter. She got busted, big time.

looks like Dateline isn't as sneaky as it wants to be!

phattonez
08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
You guys are so mean to her.

Sure she's retarded, but she has an Infiniti, so what does she have to complain about?

The_Amaster
08-07-2007, 11:19 AM
ROFLOL!
Wow, this is funny. And I feel the perfect right to laugh at her, because she's a "TV news reporter".