PDA

View Full Version : Playing certain MIDIs can slow down ZC/ZQ's performance [509]

zcAmazing
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/index-gr.html Under "Legend of Zelda, The: Link's Awakening" scroll down and click Overworld (5). This is one of them when playing back in ZQ.

When playing back that MIDI saved in the quest file, it slows down too.

When I playback this MIDI in beta 10b, it is fine. But when played back in this current build which is alpha 509, slowed down performance.

zcAmazing
08-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Hmm, I now see an improvement. That MIDI didn't affect the performance in 564. Were you able to fix this bug, or the bug fixed itself, or it was occuring on my side?

DarkDragon
08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
No idea, I've not been having any problems.

Since you're running Vista, all bets are off.

Freedom
08-31-2007, 12:24 AM
zcAmazing,

I just have to wonder if Vista is sucking the life out of your computer.
I'm embarrassed to tell you I'm running a 2001 Dell that I bought for $25 bucks at a junk shop, put 512 of Ram in it, and 80 Gig hard drive and a 1 gig processor with a new install of Windows 98 SE, and Zelda Classic flies on it.
No slowdown in music, none in moving mass amounts of tiles or combos, no slowdown of screens with 6 layers.....
You might want to look at getting yourself a fresh install of XP Pro, and put that vista to rest.

zcAmazing
08-31-2007, 12:33 AM
In the earlier alphas (from 509 which I reported while I am using that build and above) I had the slowdown experience with that particular MIDI from vgmusic.com. I think you may be right about Vista part, and that bug would have went to Bugs in Limbo.

Until 564, when I used this build, no slowdown on my side for the moment. (still using Vista) FPS remain at 60 during playback of that particular MIDI. The revelance is decreasing.

EDIT: By the way, Freedom, I have a Dell too. It's a 2400 dimension desktop and was at XP Home Edition when I purchased it from the Dell website in 2005.

DarkDragon
08-31-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm moving both this thread and the other performance report to Limbo, as they appear to be Vista-related and unreproducible.

Freedom
08-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Yea, I think vista is just a slob. ;)
When I get my house sold and moved I'm going to build a unit from the ground up and put XP Pro on it, I just don't have the faith that vista is ready for human consumption. ;)