PDA

View Full Version : Origin

Sam Atoms
08-05-2007, 05:23 PM
This is the other hot release by DFW that has drawn surprisingly little attention here, probably because LI was the more heralded release of the two. Anyway, I've just finished the first quest. Or, more precisely, I've finished the first quest through Level 8, and I'm about to enter the ninth level. I have to say that this is one of the more amazing quests that I've ever seen. The rearranged overworld makes it so much more than another 1st quest remake (I got a surprise when the shield bounced back rocks). The dungeons may be superficially similar to the first quest ones, but one play through them reveals they presently entirely new labyrinths within the original shapes. Level 6 was one of the most surreal levels that I've played in any quest ever.

Here's my somewhat broad question. This is the "easy" first quest, and there are times when it hasn't been kind. It is foreboding to think of what the second and third quests will do to my modest playing skillz. Anyone got any tips to help me keep from being absolutely shredded in the later quests? :)

4matsy
08-05-2007, 11:02 PM
There's a lot of useful general tricks in this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94437) thread.
(I personally found the "hurt yourself, then walk over spikes" trick pretty handy to grab some heart pieces early. Heh. :p)

Don't worry too much about running out of rupees, either. There aren't as many gamblers (and that REALLY convenient one one screen to the left of the start is gone now, lol :laughing:), but with all the new slashable grass and bushes that leave items, you should be able to keep up a steady supply of rupees and life for most of the quest.

At least for the 2nd quest (haven't played 3rd yet...), it might pay off to get the letter early, so you can buy potions before level 1, as the enemies in the first few dungeons are heavy hitters for an under-equipped player. (I say "might" because it's up near the very top-left corner of the overworld, where there are lots of blue lynels...I was barely able to get it, with a lot of hiding along the screen edges where their beams can't hit you.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head though. <<'

...oh, and yes, level 6 was weird. I was like "wtf is this...?" :rofl:

JP Blanchette
08-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I played and beaten Origin in the 1st and 2nd quests of it and I must say I'm impressed at DFW's work.