PDA

View Full Version : Shop Script

Majora
08-05-2007, 04:45 PM
If it's not too much, a script that subtracts rupees from you when you buy certain items. I need this to circumvent the 999 rupee price limit.

ShadowMancer
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
This is VERY basic, I did nothing to fancy it up (this is basically to skelton of my upcomeing 'Custom Shop Script') but its seems you are in need of something simpler, so..

ffc script shop_item {
void run(int item_is, int cost_is, int hands) {
item nu_item;
while(true) {
Waitframe();
if(this->Data != 0 && Link->X >= this->X-8 && Link->X <= this->X +24 && Link->Y >= this->Y-8 && Link-Y <= this->Y+24 && Game->Counter[1] >= cost_is) {
{
this->Data = 0;
Game->Counter[1] -= cost_is;
nu_item = Screen->CreateItem(item_is);
nu_item->X = Link->X;
nu_item->Y = Link->Y;
if (hands == 2) {Link->Action = 5;}
if (hands == 1) {Link->Action = 4;}
Link->HeldItem = item_is;
}
}
}
}

Its missing a couple of elements
1. it won't display the price automatically
Remedy: You can either A: make tiles with the prices you want, or B: have a message string come up when player hits a certian button near the item (bassicaly the signpost script)
2: There is no sound (this is an easy fix, I just do not know what the proper SFX number is right now)

How to use this script:
each FFC you use will be one item in your shop
set the following arguments,
D0: the item ID
D1: the Cost
D2: 1 = Link holds item with one hand, 2 = two hands. (any other value and Link does not hold up item)
You can have as many items in your shop as you want with this.

I will be doing a more advanced version of this script soon. I am sort of randomly working on different elements of my quest right now so it gets done when the muses inspire me... :tongue:

btw: this is 100&#37; untested and off the top of my head, so let me know if it works...

beefster09
08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
You may not need this. It's just a limit break, not a full-blown feature. It takes 10 bits to get to 1023, may as well put the shop items to an even 3 bytes each. (1 for the item, 2 for the price)
It would take the devs 10 minutes at the most implementing it-- about the same amount of time it would take to fix a bug.