PDA

View Full Version : A lot of Questions

Tetris50
08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, where to begin...

1. I am using the 210test to make my game, and I have run into a fun problem. I can't use bombs. I raised the "max" to 8 (Not the "minimum") and I can't get the to even appear in my inventory. I grab a bomb and it shows up as me having it, but it is not in the inventory. (I am using 509 beta build). When my friend tried it on ZC2.10, I think he could use the bombs...

2. When I slash a bush or something that disappears when I slash it, I get a fun little gray box in its place. Also when I push a block, the block leaves a grey box in its place. This is probably one of those simple problems, that is why I am asking here. Everyone knows it, so I can't find it.

3. I grab the Triforce and it does not take me out of the dungeon. I just want to know how to make it take me out of the dungeon. I may have fixed it, but just asking to make sure (Can't test it because of bomb problem).

4. When I walk into a dungeon, my character comes in walking downward (Towards my entrance door). Once again, something most likely simple.

5. Recoloring tiles... Do I really have to go from tile to tile recoloring them all? That is a real pain... Is there any way to select them all and make it replace all of one color with another (would make it a lot easier on me).

6. When I get the Triforce, it does not show up in my menu. I still have no Triforce fragments (it is empty).

I think that about covers every problem I have... I thank anyone willing to help in advance for answering any of my questions. If any one of these is a bug, I will go post the one(s) in the appropriate thread.

erm2003
08-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Let me see how much I can help with.

1. If you are using a 2.10 quest and editing it in a beta, you need to reset the item properties. Set the bombs to their default properties under the items area and it should work. If you have any other item problems try resetting the defaults first and see if that works.

2. You need to set undercombos. The tile that you set as the undercombo on the screen will appear under things when they are moved, etc.

3. Set a side warp and tile warp to take you out of the dungeon from the triforce room. Check Alphadawg's tutorial in my signature if you need more specifics on that (or anything else that the tutorial may have).

4. Make sure the green square is all the way down (as far as you can go) to make Link walk up into the room, otherwise he will appear exactly where you put the square and take a step or two down.

5. This would involve editing csets. Not my area of expertise, but I know there are others that can help here.

6. Make sure your dmap settings are correct. Each triforce piece corresponds with a level number. So the dmap that contains the first triforce piece should be level 1, and then that triforce piece will take up spot 1 for the triforce.

Hopefully most of this helps.

Tetris50
08-05-2007, 01:57 PM
1. Thank you, that apparently did it.

2. Hmm, Under Combos you say? I found it under Data, but I don't think I understand it. Care to go into more detail?

3. Ahh yes. That is what I did. So it should work.

4. Hmm, makes sense. I think I have had it work correctly before, but didn't know how I did it. Thanks.

5. No problem, its not that big of a problem anyways. Just kind of annoying to edit them all separately.

6. The DMap settings are correct. Level 1 is marked as level 1. I think this may have something to do with the room type. I went onto the 210test file and found that the room time was "Special Item" and the Special Item was the Triforce Fragment. Also, the room has a Triforce Fragment "Item" in it on top of the "Special Item".

Thank you, most of it was very helpful.

Plissken
08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Select the combo you want as an undercombo and then go to data -> undercombos, and then just hit set.

Tetris50
08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Thank you. One problem though, if I want my under combo to be say... a bush stem. But I also have flowers on the map and I want them to have normal grass under them when they are slashed. How do I go about having a stem for the bush and normal grass under the flowers?

Russ
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I believe there is a slash-next combo type that will change a combo to the next combo in the list when slashed. This should be able to be used for multiple undercombos.

Tetris50
08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Hmm, how do I access this?

Plissken
08-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Or you can use secret combos for multiple undercombos. Do learn about that look for idontknows tutorial at the top of this forum.