PDA

View Full Version : "Outsourcing" meets "Insourcing" ... in Ohio.

Prrkitty
08-04-2007, 11:04 PM
OK... I'm confused... plus... kinda laughing.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/08/06/100141303/index.htm?cnn=yes

American jobs... hired by outsourcing companies... working in Ohio. At least the jobs are being kept IN America!

I think I understand it all correctly.

erm2003
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
It's about time some companies finally realize that cheaper labor can actually set you back more than just paying the higher price. Who knows, maybe this will end up becoming a bigger trend, bringing more jobs back here.

biggiy05
08-05-2007, 02:59 AM
It makes sense. Everyone including my self get annoyed when calling into somewhere only to get someone named "Fred" and he has terrible english and reads from a script. I get it all the time when I call nextel.

An American company goes over seas to save some money and gets a large number of frustrated Americans that can barely understand the representative at times. The company based in a foreign country spends the extra money and brings the jobs here to America. They turn around and make more money because you can understand the representative more than you can the foreign person.

That's how I look at it.

Cloral
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, when I call tech support and can't understand the guy I'm talking to, it gives me a bad impression of the company. The kind of impression that would make me more likely to go to another company if a good oppertunity presented itself. I think a lot of companies have forgotten just how valuable keeping the customer happy can me. They spend so much on advertising, I think they'd actually be money ahead if they reallocated the ad money into providing a better customer experience.