PDA

View Full Version : Editing Ganon

AmazingAmpharos
08-04-2007, 04:04 PM
He seems to have been newly added, but I'm not sure how a lot of what the stuff on the editor is supposed to do with him. Here's what I've concluded from playing around with him and what I still wonder.

Ganon is still only able to be summoned as a part of the Ganon room type and not as a generic enemy. It's impossible for him to appear on screen without being preceeded by the triforce hold up cinematic you see upon entering a Ganon room. That's a big limitation.

Ganon's item dropset does flat nothing. He always drops item 44 no matter what (including the possibility that item 44 is something other than the whole Triforce).

Similarly, his dust pile always uses the tile for item 43. However, it does not take on the properties of that item. You cannot pick it up even if you make it the sort of item that you should be able to pick up.

Changing Ganon's weapon does work and works well (he fires linear projectiles correctly, just in a completely random direction), though he stays in place less long than I had realized (fire trails make tracking him easy).

He is invisible despite the fact that the "Is Invisible" flag is not checked. This flag's function is only called at times at which Ganon is normally visible (upon room entry and upon striking him). The explosion actually does appear, contrary to what I previously posted.

Since he's summoned by his room type, the "Never returns after death (Boss)" flag that comes checked on him is completely meaningless. He'll return infinitely anyway.

Now onto questions...

Since Ganon doesn't "move" so much as he teleports around randomly, how do things like step speed and homing rate work on him?

Similarly to that, does Hunger do anything on him?

Do any of his misc. attributes do anything?

What determines the appearance of his explosion? Is it a hard coded check on those tiles?