PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Enemy Ideas!

Gleeok
08-02-2007, 11:27 PM
So there was another thread for this but since the feature hault the editor is only semi-operational at best. So given the limitations placed upon 2.5 quests in the enemy department, what are some inspiring idea's to really give Link a thourogh and much needed ass-kicking?

I'm in the process of making about 230+ custom guys and thought i'd post the really cool one's here as they come up. My logic for this is simple: The cooler the enemies, the more i'd like to see in other peoples quests also. So what are some awesome enemy idea's? Anyone?

Here's a couple to start:

I call this one the

MYSTERY BOX:
Make people cringe at the thought of what might come out of a Digdogger!!!
hehe....10 stalfos, 5 darknuts, a gleeok, and a patra. Ah shit...why!?
or maybe 30 wizzrobes and a lil dogger (gel or keese enemy type) that if you don't kill fast enough grows up into another MYSTERY BOX! Take that, you dumb Link.

WIZZROBE SUMMONER:

Enable "enter from sides" and this bad boy will spew out a never ending chain of phasing wizzrobes. One of my favorites. *Note* For this to work you need ar least three summoners on screen.

EVOLVING DARKNUT:

Starts out small then what?!..now its a Lv2? ..now it's a splitter ...a lv2 splitter ....a Death Knight!? Ouch. That's gotta hurt. Better hurry up! Those death knights are troublesome!
*note* misc1 set to 2, and misc3 set to 1 to "evolve" for each darknut type.
-secondary note on splitters: Trap Link in a room using shutters for example, or the enemy will disappear upon re-entry-*Also checking the enemies always return screen flag should do the trick.

BUBBLE SPLITTERS:

The possibilities with this one are almost endless depending on usage and level design. Enemies that when killed can re-enable swords or items, or the opposite. Quite usefull.

DEATH ENEMIES:

Seen in LI as deathbos, there's alot you can do with these. My favorites so far: The Deathbot, the death-bubble, the death Zora!, and the Wall-death.

more to come...also if anyone has questions on possible enemy creations i'll be happy to answer them.

Rakshiba
08-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Nifty ideas Gleeok, I like the Mystery box, it's just like you to create an enemy like that after seeing "Dungeon impossible."

But some enemies I'd like would be...

-Gleeoks with more than four heads.
-Ghoma lv.5 (2x speed, 2x life, and fires a never ending flame trail)
-Likelike Lv.2 (1.5x speed, same life as Lv.1, and it eats you sword, you have to kill it with an item to get your sword back)

And finaly
-Darknut*stone golem*(.75x speed as Lv.1, Same attack as Lv.2, but has as much life as a deathnight.) A good early on enemy.

Gleeok
08-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Gleeoks with more than four heads

Simply enter the number of heads you would like the gleeok to have in misc.1 box in the editor.

Ghoma lv.5 (2x speed, 2x life, and fires a never ending flame trail)

You might need a script for this, but did you try adding 3 fire ghoma to screen enemies and enabling "enter from sides".

Likelike Lv.2 (1.5x speed, same life as Lv.1, and it eats you sword, you have to kill it with an item to get your sword back)

Made it already. However you can't get items it eats back so easily.

hmm..I might write this up in the scripting thread, but:
Is it possible for there to be a rapid-fire enemy weapon script that can be used by normal enemies? I know ziltch about scripting.

ShadowTiger
08-03-2007, 08:27 PM
-Darknut*stone golem*(.75x speed as Lv.1, Same attack as Lv.2, but has as much life as a deathnight.) A good early on enemy.Had this idea already, quite a few months ago. Ever played Dungeon Keeper 2? In the last mission, there are two unique enemies surrounding the final objective. They're two "Stone Knights." They move quite a bit slower than the knights, (Darknuts in this case.) But are constantly brandishing and flourishing their swords in front of them in their wildly rotating hands. It's a sight to see, really.

Rakshiba
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Well now can I see these are quite easy solutions other than the ones that require scripting(I don't even know what that is yet). So disreguard that then.

4matsy
08-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Thread needs more WIND OCTOROK BEEYOTCHEZ

http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zc_newenemy_windoctorok.png

...Sorry. I just couldn't help myself. ^.^'

Gleeok
08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Heh...Did you set walker/shooter type to misc. 10, misc1 to 1, and give him a wind projectile... That's evil. I thought about that but there's virtually no way dodge that many whirlwinds.

BUT, I'll see your wind octorock and raise you a LV3 Patra that shoots whirlwinds! AND a summoner that summons misc1=1, and misc2=1 windrobes!!!

Does anybody feel a draft?...

AmazingAmpharos
08-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Using wind stuff as your main threat is just stupid. If you want to make players imperiled, just throw things that are very good at killing at them.

Also, I really want to make Ganon a super boss, but he seems so limited as I try to play with him in the editor. I guess I could make him a "death" enemy by causing contact with him to be a one hit kill, but invisible, randomly warping death enemy is kinda cheap. I'm really not sure how I should go about making him a great boss since it seems like the only really useful changes you can make on him are his HP and damage numbers...

_L_'s new enemy editor will be needed to make this as awesome as possible, but try making a Like Like with a step speed of 1000! A homing rate of 256 is also kinda nifty, and I find the random rate of 4 to be the best to keep it chaotic (covering the most ground). If you really want to be evil, give it the "only hurt by super bombs" flag and enable the "link hurt by own bombs" quest rule!

Rakshiba
08-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Thats won't be a pleasant experience. Remind me not to play any quests that you impliment such enimies in ;).

p.s. I think it would be nifty if there were lava based enemies in 2.5

**hint hint... Magmoors** for the metroid lovers.

Gleeok
08-05-2007, 09:28 AM
p.s. I think it would be nifty if there were lava based enemies in 2.5

**hint hint... Magmoors** for the metroid lovers.

Hmm... Which one is the "Magmoor" again? Also what would you like it to do?
That's a good idea...I'll work on that one.

And yes I agree, the gannon enemy currently sucks lollipops through a straw.
Currently the best way withouts scripts would be to use the timed direct warps, secret combo direct warps, and multiple screens with "suprises" on each of them.
...Well that sucks.... There's gotta be something easy you can do to "customize" Gannon....

Russ
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Hmm, customizing Ganon. The solution, make about ten different Ganon enemies, each one with a different weopon. Make the last one unmoveable and vulnerable only to a silver arrow. Then you could use the enemies-secret screen flag and tile warp secret combos to warp Link from screen to screen, each with a different Ganon, or you could probably use a script to tell the player to replace one Ganon enemy with the next one when the first is on low health.

And for lava enemies, couldn't you just make the lava a water combo and make the enemy a zora type? Or a freeform combo script that only lets the enemy move on the freeform combos?

Rakshiba
08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=Gleeok;1134522]Hmm... Which one is the "Magmoor" again? Also what would you like it to do?
That's a good idea...I'll work on that one.QUOTE]

The Magmoor is that dragon thing that pops out of the lava and blasts the hell out of you with flame.

Darth Pikachu
08-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Here's a silly idea. Why not make two bad enemies. When you kill enemy1, it split into 2 of enemy2, and when you kill enemy2, it splits into 2 of enemy1. Then place Link in a room where the only way out is to kill all the foes.:D

LostInHyru1e
08-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Call me crazy, but I REALLY want some new bosses. Having only a handful of bosses to furnish 16+ Dungeons just doesn't cut it. Maybe some of the ALttP bosses in LoZ graphics. Or some of the Mods' own designs. I just want more bosses at my disposal, because Custom Bosses are so difficult to make.

Russ
08-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Try just making existing bosses harder. That's what I'm doing in the EoT remake. My favorite is this: A big digdigger. You blow the whistle. It splits into 3 more bigdiggs. Blow the whistle again and each one splits into three little digs. So there's a total of nine. Of, you can just make more octorocks and give each one a different weopon. Trust me, an octorok with super bombs that is only vulnerable to super bombs can be very fun.

Din
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Here's a brutal idea:

Crack Death Knight:

Basically like a regular Death Knight only 1 teeny little difference.
It shoots a flame trail at Link. Each hit with flame does as much as a regular Death Knight's Sword would do. A total of 16 hearts. If you want to make it even more brutal have summoners constantly summon them at Link.

Nighty-night Link!:D

Mega Link
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
King Wizrobe

Habitat: A room full of magic mirrors.

Just a big wizrobe that shoots magic beams at Link that go in his direction at the time it was shot. It can only be damaged by own magic. It's magic can only be backfired by the sword, and bouces off of mirrors and walls untill Link or King Wizrobe gets hit.

Joe123
08-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Call me crazy, but I REALLY want some new bosses. Having only a handful of bosses to furnish 16+ Dungeons just doesn't cut it. Maybe some of the ALttP bosses in LoZ graphics. Or some of the Mods' own designs. I just want more bosses at my disposal, because Custom Bosses are so difficult to make.

Make custom bosses.
Have you seen C-Dawg's Zodiac thing? he has some pretty impressive custom bosses using ffcs and scripting in that, which could almost be mistaken for normal enemies.

And many of these are just really stupidly powerful enemies for beating up the player lots. They're no fun really...

SaiyanKirby
08-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Here's a silly idea. Why not make two bad enemies. When you kill enemy1, it split into 2 of enemy2, and when you kill enemy2, it splits into 2 of enemy1. Then place Link in a room where the only way out is to kill all the foes.:D

Wouldn't it be impossible to kill them all? O.o Because mathematically, every time you kill one enemy, it adds one more to the total amount of enemies.

Also, where do I download the Enemy editor? (Nevermind, I got it)

C-Dawg
08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Make custom bosses.
Have you seen C-Dawg's Zodiac thing? he has some pretty impressive custom bosses using ffcs and scripting in that, which could almost be mistaken for normal enemies.

And they're getting better each time I make one. There is no problem making enemies that are indistinguishable from the hard-coded enemies. The only limitation is the patience of the quest designer.

I'm going to be going back to my previous boss scripts and adding "flashing" animation for registering a hit, and a death animation. At that point there will be no practical difference between hard-coded enemies and scripted enemies.

LostInHyru1e
09-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Darn, I don't understand scripting, or how it could make animations happen. :confused: And the tutorial thing on PureZC didn't help me much. I not understand how to code it, but not how to make those codes useful in any way.

But since I don't have a beta version, I wouldn't be able to test it anyway. 2.5 will have scripting, right?

Joe123
09-05-2007, 03:33 AM
yes, 2.5 betas already have scripting.