PDA

View Full Version : Secret combos

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
If I make a screen that's full of 'snowing' tiles, and nothing else, and set it to layer '6' on a screen, then all secret combos on that screen don't function properly...

Like, it makes a black square. I know what it's doing, though. Because layer 6 appears over everything else, it layers a blank tile over the secret combo.

I've run into this problem time and time again, but this time it's a little different. Even with that, it shouldn't do that because the only layer used is a snow screen, which contains transparent tiles. Do they become 'apparent' when you trigger a secret combo over the one that was triggered?

The_Amaster
08-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Make sure that you're placing the flags on the right layer. I've done that accidently too, when I place flags on layer 3 and then don't set any secret combos.

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Wait what?

I learned about layering way back a long time ago in idontknow's tutorial. My knowledge was based off of that and so I just built on it by experiments,, but it never said anything about secret combos. So, I tried placing the flags on layer 6. But then, it will appear over Link because it is on layer 6 of course. But if it is on layer 1 then it is covered by layer 6.

(Wootzors, 1k posts)

Joe123
08-05-2007, 05:07 AM
only flags 16-32 work on layers above 0.