PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...?

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Well I haven't visited AGN in a while, but why's the suggestion board closed for posting?

I just thought of an idea where you could bind a key in the options menu (in the editor) to make it so that, when the key is pressed, you go into 'copy mode' which is where u click and drag ur mouse to select a certain section of times, and then you can use 'C' to copy and 'V' to paste, and move it around, ETC. Just like the 'selection' function in MS paint. I looked and was surprised that this function hasn't been implementd or suggested before. It should be easier to make than it looks and would greatly speed up building times. An additional option may also tell it to copy flag data, etc. along with the raw tile data. It could also be where a key isn't bound to it, but a key is automatically there. (Such as W key turns ZC into the 'walkability' mode. Im assuming the same could be done with this, but with the 'S' key, and call it selection mode, or something.)

Also, when you de-rep somebody, a popup message says:

Thank you for your reputation: May you recieve the same in turn!

Now why the hell would I want the same in return if its negitive reputation?

erm2003
08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Suggestions are closed because the focus right now is on bug fixing only to release 2.5. Once a solid 2.5 version is completed, then the suggestions will probably be open again, but not until there is a solid release.

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Well then thats actually a good idea...

My current quests never finish because of fatal bugs and I end up reverting to an old version of the quest. I even save a lot. But it messes up the quest's data seriously. On many versions. 2.10.2 didn't fix very many 2.10 bugs either. 2.10 is the only version where I haven't had fatal bugs, except once.

It's not so much the little bugs but the big ones like that that bother me