PDA

View Full Version : Dog shoots owner in back...

Prrkitty
08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html

Well... the dog knocked the gun off the table which in turn the gun went off and shot the guy in the back.

Cyberbabe... don't give Spikedog a gun honey!!! <lol>

biggiy05
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com that she fears what her fiance will do to the pet once he gets out of the hospital.

It was an accident...not like the dog knew what was going to happen. If the guy who got shot does anything to harm the dog I hope he gets shot again.

I'm waiting for Glenn to come in and make some stupid ass comment.

phattonez
08-02-2007, 01:41 AM
The dog is guilty because he did the crime even though he did not intend to.

-Glenn.

Modus Ponens
08-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Wow. You guys really hate Glenn.

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Glenn haters... Lol

The shooting occurred in the Raleigh section of Memphis.

Yeah, watch out for that part of town, them dogs are deadly

cyberkitten
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Cyberbabe... don't give Spikedog a gun honey!!! <lol>

poor spike! he's never going to get adopted now!

Prrkitty
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
poor spike! he's never going to get adopted now!

Yeah he will hon. I'm sure the lab rescue will find him a good home. Ultimately I'm sorry that you can't keep him.
<hug>

biggiy05
08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
CK check your pm before I smack you with this pen.

Mitsukara
08-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Gah. People are mean to Glenn for dumb reasons these days. When I was an asshole to Glenn, it was because- or so I felt at the time- he'd used me to sneak onto AGN and then insulted my dead boyfriend; he was also very self-absorbed and at the time preached that he basically felt he was the only person who really had a consciousness, and thus something akin a "chosen one" that could redesign chaos and the universe someday.

Glenn's moved past that crap from what I see and, while not always friendly, seems to be pretty reasonable and fairly respectful these days; he is smart, and has sensitive issues of his own, and is human and fallible like everyone, and he admits such. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and makes mistakes; and sometimes, believe it or not, people learn from them and actually try to change. He and I have worked past our old stupid arguments enough to exchange friendly counter-comments now and then, and personally, I'm pretty happy about that.

But apparently, the present consensus is that Glenn is an asshole for having unusual views and thoughts on subjects like what a crime is or how people function, and a heated debate about such warrants making insults and rude jokes about him in other topics totally unprovoked. I understand that you disagree with him; but please think. What does this conversation have to do with the debate? Nothing. What warranted those insults? Nothing.

I don't mean to be all overdramatic (already probably am to a point), but tread carefully; it's easy to become an asshole yourself. I've been keeping a close eye on myself, and trying not to overspeak (plus I find I have little patience/enduring interest for arguments here these days) in such matters for that very reason.

Now, as for that circumstance... yikes. Not cool. I don't blame the dog; he had no way of knowing what he was doing. I don't really blame the guy, obviously, and I feel sorry for him and I'm glad he's alive and recovering. But I have to say, why the hell did he leave a loaded gun on the table around a large, lively dog? I don't think blame should be assigned here, but the only person who really made a mistake here is the one who left the gun loaded and out. What about the safety? Was it even on?

It sounds like a case of a dumb mistake and unfortunate circumstance leading to a person getting badly injured. I hope he doesn't get some idiotic revenge on the dog for it; I understand that he's hurt and that it's a horrible thing, and I don't mean to disrespect that, but I seriously doubt the dog meant to shoot him; the dog probably didn't even know what the gun was or did. Killing the dog is a senseless response that will only worsen the situation.

MottZilla
08-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't bitch able people leaving a loaded gun around. And not all guns have safetys. It's an accident. You know the gun wasn't very well designed though since it went off when it hit the floor. He should just be glad it was a .22 and not a .357 magnum. Either way it's his own fault but he has the right to be an idiot so long as he only fucks himself up. Ofcourse it's not the dogs fault. Only people in Texas would convict the dog of a crime. ;p

ShadowTiger
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I do concur with Mottzilla's ideas. It just seems like a big setup from the beginning. Buh. Perhaps now he'll learn to put away his toys. :)

Pineconn
08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
In all bitter satire, I find this concept to be entirely funny. [/bitter_satire]

But yeah, it is the guy's fault. He left the gun in the open for anyone - a child or a pet (which I still find to be funny, yet bitterly satirical) - to use. Or, in this case, drop on the floor and cause it to go off.

Aegix Drakan
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
...lol. You gotta watch out for them there dogs. They know how to shoot.

I feel kinda sorry for the guy, but come on, you generally don't want to leave a loaded gun lying around, just in case something like this happens.

[kinda off topic]I agree a bit with Jenn. Glenn may not be the most freindly person in the world (ok, sometimes he can be downright insensitive), and sure his views may be unsusual and un-movable, but he's entitled to his own opinion. We all are, hence the reason most of us are on AGN, so we can share our opinions.

I don't think Glenn is an asshole. He's just inflexible.[/kinda off topic]