PDA

View Full Version : question

megadork
08-01-2007, 08:06 AM
I made a side scrolling screen, and I cant get link to jump, I put it so link has rocs feather when he starts the quest with the init data thing, but its not in the inventory maybe this is a glitch?

pkmnfrk
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
If it's not physically in the inventory, it can't work. If you're using any of the default subscreens, there isn't any room for the Roc's Feather.

Unfortunately, adding it is complicated, and requires the subscreen editor (Quest -> Misc Data -> Subscreens). I think there's a tutorial somewhere...

Nicholas Steel
08-01-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Main_Page

vlick the tutorials link bottom right.

megadork
08-01-2007, 08:54 AM
i got it to work, lol.
But in the quest link doesn't jump high enough in the sidescroller area, -.- how do I make it so he jumps about double the height he does by default? -.-

The_Amaster
08-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Adjust the power of the Roc's feather.

Russ
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Or to be more specific, go to Quest-Items and select roc's feather. Then double whatever is currently in the power setting. Isn't the item editor wonderful?

megadork
08-01-2007, 06:20 PM
How can I make it so bombs arent affected by sideview gravity?

ShadowTiger
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I think you'd probably have to write a script, .. and for now, that's something I'm not touching with a 20 foot pole yet.

*Senses a Metroid Bomb-jumping reference in your post*

(Note that this script would constantly check for any bomb-projectiles or something, (Not sure what the difference between enemy bombs and player bombs is yet.) and when it first detects them, would save its position to two variables, (One X, One Y. Not at all sure about Z. :shrug: ) and constantly set the bomb's coordinates to those saved ones. At least I suspect that's how it'd be done. It's how I think.)

pkmnfrk
08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Except, you can't manipulate "weapon" class sprites via scripting at present. I really wish you could, though. It would make boss programming so much easier >_>