PDA

View Full Version : question

megadork
07-31-2007, 08:59 PM
how do I make it so that if I push a block, the item appears? im using 2.10
and also if I put bombs somewhere, if I pick them up I dont get them, the bomb counter stays at 0. -.-

Russ
07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Your problem with bombs is probably that you don't have the max bombs set. Go Quest-Init Data, go to misc., and set the max bombs to however many bombs you want Link to be able to carry. Don't think you an have the item appear when you push a block. But you could make a treasure chest with the item to appear. To do this, make two combos, one that looks like a chest with the slash type, and one that looks like an openned chest that is walkable with the none type. Put secret flag 16 where you want the chest to appear. Make secret combos 16 the closed chest. Hold control and press on the chest on the secret combo menu, and select flag ten (Armos->Item). Set the room type to special item and the specal item to whatever you want the item to be. Then set the open chest as the under combo. And you open the chest by slashing at it with the sword.

megadork
08-01-2007, 06:41 AM
k lol ty
also I have another problem, in this intro screen I have theres 2 text strings it shows but only one shows up, then you can hear the sound of the other one appearing but you cant see it. -.-
edit: also in this dungeon i have, your supposed to go through these 2 locked doors in the room to get to the boss door, look
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z232/megadork2007/zelda007.gif
but then if I unlock the first one, this happens:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z232/megadork2007/zelda008.gif
how do i fix that? -.-

The_Amaster
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
That's because you aren't supposed to use doors like that. Try using lock blocks instead.

(Okay, theres a more complicated reason, but it's long and complex)

megadork
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
ok, lol
I still want it looking like the doors though so ill just make the lock blocks have the same tile as the locked doors, lol.

Joe123
08-05-2007, 05:02 AM
urm, it is infact because when you unlock a 'lock block' combo (which is what you need to use) it changes to the next combo in the combo list - and so do all other 'lock block' and 'lock block copy-cat' combos on the screen.

So what you need to do to have two locked doors infront of the boss door is to have the first locked door set up as normal - which is to say put it down as lock block type combos, which have the door frame as the next combo in the combo list for both of them.

Then for the second door, make a combo that looks like the left of the locked door, with the type 'lock block'. Then put next to it on the combo list another combo which is identical, then next to that the door frame. Then do the same for the right of the door, and set them down as you have on the screen.

Then when you open the first door, it changes to the door frame - which changes the second door from the first identical combo to the second. Then when you unlock that, it changes to the door frame, and you can open the boss door.

If you understand combos. Which if you don't, someone will explain them to you.

Although, having two doors like that standing in the middle of a room, propped up by statues with no walls coming to them just looks plain odd. You could try just using another room above the one you're in, then you could lock the door to that room, and have a locked door in the middle of that room. Which would look a lot less strange.