PDA

View Full Version : What was that game called again...?

DarkDragoonX
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
So I'm at a bit of a loss here. There's a Genesis game I remember playing a very long time ago that I can no longer remember for the life of me. All I can remember is:

I vaguely remember some kind of boomerang special weapon.
Some kind of castle level with some really fucking annoying bats.
I think the main character was female.

And no, it isn't Alisa Dragoon or any of the Valis games.

Anyone who can help me with this gets a cookie... it was a pretty fun game, and I'd like to play it again if I can ever remember what the bloody hell it was.

Darth Marsden
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
What kind of game was it? I'm guessing platformer, but any other info you can give to help narrow it down would help.

Maverick_Zero
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
it wasn't that mcdonald's game global gladiators or something like that. With the squirt gun things.

DarkDragoonX
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
It was a platformer in a fantasy setting. It certainly wasn't some silly mcdonald's game.

Other then that... all i can really remember is that damn castle-ish level with the obnoxious flying enemies. It isn't much to go on, I know. Other then that, there were a variety of different sub-weapons to use... it's a game I only vaguely remember.

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_platform_games

Do any of those names look familliar?

It's a quick google search that came up with the list of platformer games.

I noticed that the list is far from being finished though

DarkDragoonX
08-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Ha! I finally found it! The game in question is called El Viento, some (poor) screenshots of which can be found HERE. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/image/586159.html)

Anyway, it's an awesome game. Boomerangs are actually your main weapon, and your "sub-weapons" are actually magic spells. As you progress through the game, you'll learn new magic, and your MP meter recharges rapidly, so you can cast magic about as much as you want. Your score is measured in experience, and as it reaches certain levels, your health bar actually increases in size.

Other then that, great level design and some actual challenge (one life, three continues. That's it.) make this a great game not to be passed over. Check it out!