PDA

View Full Version : Must kill all bosses broken (b500)

AmazingAmpharos
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
This quest rule doesn't seem to be working. With it enabled, I put three Lanmolas in a room, kill one, leave the room, and then return to see that all are gone. This quest rule should cause two to remain when I return.

pkmnfrk
07-31-2007, 06:02 PM
I thought it meant that all three will remain when you return.

Gleeok
08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Ah, this just happened to me. I believe it is the Lanmola's and Moldorms that aren't working correctly, as every other boss enemy seems unaffected.

AmazingAmpharos
08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Gleeok is probably right, but either way, this persists in 536.

Gleeok
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
What, Now the Lanmolas alway's come back to life too!?

DarkDragon
08-31-2007, 05:18 AM
I think the Moldorm issue is in another thread, so I'll just focus on the Lanmola here.

The Lanmola is a special case, as it is not technically a boss (doesn't have the boss flag set.) Instead, it uses the Temporary No Return feature - if you kill a Lanmola, no enemies on that screen respawn (like a normal boss) until you leave the dmap, at which point the enemies in the room return like normal.

You can turn off this behavior (making them act like normal, non-boss enemies) by checking the "Temporary No Return is Disabled" quest rule.

So, since Temporary No Return is separate from the enemy boss flag, the "Must Kill All Bosses" rule does not apply to it.

AmazingAmpharos
08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarification on the issue.

However, I note that simplifying Lanmolas behavior also forces you to simplify Trap behavior (why are those two things the same rule?). This is even the case if you set the boss flag in the enemy editor for custom Lanmolas. I guess it's not a bug as a quirk in a feature, but it's unfortunate.

Freedom
08-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I take it then it's agreed this isn't a bug, but might want to be looked at again post 2.5, so I'll move it to Bugs in limbo for now, so the developers can decide at a later time what they want to do with it.