PDA

View Full Version : Quetion, how do you get people outside caves to talk?

woodman1985
07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I need to know how to get people inside towns and dungeons to talk so I don't have to into caves for them to speak.

LostInHyru1e
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately, the only way to do this is extremely complicated, and, as I've been told, it includes insta-warping to other specifically-made screens with special strings and then having you insta-warp back to the same spot... it's really confusing stuff.

If anyone out there could walk us through that, I think we'd both be appreciative.

hello
07-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I will walk you through right now

1.First make a copy of the screen then put a directwarp tile on the orignal screen in front of the guy so when you walk up to him you warp to the copy screen and apear in front of him and then the messge you chose on the origanl screen with the strings will activate.

2.On the copy screen put direct warp tiles around link so if you walk anyware away from the guy you will be warped back to the screen from witch you came.

3.When done with that make sure when you warp back/to you dont apear on the warp points.

4.For this method only use instawarps for the screen warp.And direct warps for the tiles that you step on to warp you

5.To make directwarp grass tiles and any other ground tiles go to the tiles bar on the right of the zc editor the one that has the tiles you use to make your game right click on a empty tile and get a nother tile and give it the direct warp achribute

6.For each screen make the warp stile instawarp

Russ
07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
And make sure the screen with the message string on it is on a dungeon dmap. And you need I guy to display the string, so delete the graphics for one of the guys in the tile editor and set the deleted one to be the "guy" on the room with the string.

LostInHyru1e
07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
But I can't assign a string if I don't have a "guy" there, and I can't put a "guy" there because it won't be the same as the person tile I want to be saying the line!

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read the previous post, it answers my question.

SpykStorm
07-30-2007, 10:14 PM
If your using a 2.11 build you can use the NPC Script (http://http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98097)

Gleeok
07-30-2007, 11:53 PM
I will walk you through right now

1.First make a copy of the screen then put a directwarp tile on the orignal screen in front of the guy so when you walk up to him you warp to the copy screen and apear in front of him and then the messge you chose on the origanl screen with the strings will activate.

2.On the copy screen put direct warp tiles around link so if you walk anyware away from the guy you will be warped back to the screen from witch you came.

3.When done with that make sure when you warp back/to you dont apear on the warp points.

4.For this method only use instawarps for the screen warp.And direct warps for the tiles that you step on to warp you

5.To make directwarp grass tiles and any other ground tiles go to the tiles bar on the right of the zc editor the one that has the tiles you use to make your game right click on a empty tile and get a nother tile and give it the direct warp achribute

6.For each screen make the warp stile instawarp

Holy crapola- Did anybody read this? Hello was originally Zeldapro btw. And we all know how nonsensical and confusingly worded strung together sentences like this were he used to write like a couple of weeks ago when he couldn't type well or whatever brb need a smoke! ;)
And he still gets banned after making THAT much improvement!? Seriously,....w,w,wow.

And place the guy combo you wan't manually, remove the default guy's tile or change it to something else.

Freedom
07-31-2007, 12:28 AM
I think people aught to stop picking at the guy, he's a nice kid who's going through some hard times.
Why add to it.

hello, you're welcome at Elise's board, and you'll be given the proper chance there.