PDA

View Full Version : issue with loss of focus.

Nicholas Steel
07-30-2007, 12:31 AM
ok, start 2 Windows Explorer's, Zelda Classic (in either full screen or windowed mode), then start zquest in fullscreen.

ALT-TAB out of zquest till you reach Zelda Classic.

then ALT-TAB again, till you reach a windows explorer window.

now click on the task bar on each explorer window and each time, pay attention to the Zelda Classic bar and Zquest bar.

you should see them become active while the mouse button is held down while clicking on a windows explorer window via the task bar.

if Zelda Classic is active when clicking on a Windows Explorer window, then sometimes the midi will continue to play in the background.
---

a bit complicated i know, but it IS a bug ;) BUILD 492 Windows.

DarkDragon
07-31-2007, 03:31 AM
Ah Christ - I'm filing this one under "Allegro bug - not our problem."

Nicholas Steel
07-31-2007, 06:26 AM
so you reproduced it?

Nicholas Steel
08-24-2007, 03:09 AM
if you did, then lets me just accept what you said thus allowing this issue to become exterminated ;)

DarkDragon
08-24-2007, 03:17 AM
I didn't (I don't run Internet Explorer ;) but even if I did I don't know where I'd even start trying to fix it... the (Allegro) window manager is somehow not communicating properly to the (third-party) music libraries that they need to suspend the music playback thread when the window loses focus.

Granted, everything is open source so I could start digging into their code to find the problem, but there are enough actual ZC bugs remaining that I'm not terribly enthusiastic about doing so. For all but the most serious Allegro bugs (eg the old issue with Midi sustains not being reset) I'd rather just wait until the ZC 3.0 rewrite.

Nicholas Steel
08-24-2007, 06:46 AM
okay and "explorer" = "windows explorer"