PDA

View Full Version : Subscreen Editor: How the hell do you make a subsceen?

Gleeok
07-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Alright I just spent an hour pressing buttons and am nowhere close to making a custom subscreen. In fact, I now now less about it than when I started. Is there any documentation on this?

Basically i'm trying to make Revision2 type subscreens but with a custom background, and 3 new items to replace the magic spells. Nothing else. How the heck does it work?

So let me narrow it down.

1) How do I add a background? I have most the stuff drawn out already in the tiles page.

2) Replace din's fire, and the other two spells with another boomerang type item, and 2 more.

Plissken
07-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Check out Relic's tutorial on PureZC. It's under the Quest Design Help I believe. It's a sticky.

ShadowTiger
07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
It Sure Is (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21968&st=0).

Plissken
07-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah....I was too tired to get that when I posted it.

Gleeok
07-30-2007, 02:52 AM
OK, thanks guys. One more thing should be all for now.

I was able to change most the stuff I wanted but the black background. Did I miss something?

Freedom
07-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Misc. colors

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Gaah! My selector cursor has been corrupted. I coulda swore it was under misc sprites, but alas I have no idea. Pleeeease god no more subscreen nonsense.

And if anyone knows also how to set the misc boxes and data for hearts in the passive subscreen that would be super awesome. I have gone through nearly 80 combinations and none of them work. Now where's my prozac...

Freedom
08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I built my subscreen in a "copy" of a quest because of the corruption issues, and had several problems even doing it that way.
Once I finally got it how I wanted it, I exported it and then imported it into my original quest file, AFTER making a copy first of course of both.
Even with that, it had some corruption that popped up when importing, so I had to then repair that.
But I finally got it working and stable.
NOW I just don't touch it. ;)

Gleeok
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
That's a really great idea. When I do go all out on the (hopefully non buggy by then) subscreen editor i'll be sure to do that. Thanks ;) It's just driving me nuts that I can't access the selector cursor that I set up a while back because it mysteriously delleted itself. Did they move it!? I coulda swore it was easy to set up. Now in game you can't tell what item is being highlighted.

Dark Nation
08-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Make sure you have a selector object on the subscreen. And to edit the cursor, go to the items editor and edit the correct Selection object (1 or 2, depending on which selector you have on the subscreen). There are 2 selectors so that you can have something appear behind the selected object and in front of it as well, but to do that, you have to have one selector object that has a lower number than the first item on the subscreen (so it appears below or behind the items) and one with a higher number (so it appears in front of the items).

Gleeok
12-01-2007, 06:41 AM
OK, how the hell do I add a text box that tells you what the current selected current item is? I've seen this somewhere. When the boomerang is selected, it says "boomerang." etc.

Oh subscreen, i've missed you so. :glare:

Joe123
12-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Press 'Ins'.
Select 'Selected Item Name'
I think it's that one anyway, it's the one that doesn't have '(Not Implemented)' next to it.
Make sure you give the box a size in the first tab (so W of 50 and H or 8 or whatever)
And that's about it.