PDA

View Full Version : Camp Sunshine, man. All the cool kids are doing it.

Masamune
07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Some of you (or none of you) may remember that last year I attended a camp in Maine called Camp Sunshine. This a camp for kids with chronic illnesses of all sorts. Weeks are divided into categories such as leukemia, transplants, down syndrome, etc. I'll be serving as a counselor during kidney week once again, and I'm sure I'll be in for loads of funtastic frolic. I'll be taking my analog camera this time around to better capture some of the scenery (I prefer analog quality over digital for whatever reason). See you all in a week!

Hugz and Kissyz,
-Masa

phattonez
07-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Masa actually does something good for society? OMGZ!

That sounds good, hope you have fun.

Masamune
07-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Dude, you don't even know. I was hands down the best counselor ever during kidney week. Kids fucking hanging on me from 9 AM to 5 PM everyday. It fucking rules.

erm2003
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Well have a great time Masa. It's great to see people making a difference. :thumbsup:

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Isn't this what Monica does, or wait... was that Rainbow camp? I get this stuff confused.

This is cool though, Masa. Kudos on your volunteering/whatever. It's an awesome thing you're doing.

Brasel
07-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I respect that you can do something like this. I honestly wouldn't ever have the patience to deal with kids, chronically ill or not. Its good that there are some people in the world with the patience and the need to help kids that are less fortunate. Oh, and something about the term kidney week makes me laugh.