PDA

View Full Version : U.S. must pay $101.7 million to men framed by FBI

Prrkitty
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Yet again more evidence that the FBI thinks that THEY are above the laws that they themselves uphold.

They withheld evidence, concerning 4 men that were charged (and convicted of) in a 1965 murder, that would have proven those same 4 men were innocent of the charges and were actually framed for the murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/26/wrongful.convictions.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

And at this point in time, I don't see any way of changing how the FBI, CIA and similiar government agencies are run. They should be held accountable for their actions. And yet *NO ONE* is willing to stand up and be accountable for what they do and how they do it.

Lilith
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Soooo I just finished reading the Godfather, it was pretty good.

The_Amaster
07-26-2007, 06:22 PM
(Prry, do you just do nothing but browse news sites and then report on them here all day?)

*sighs* Why, why, why am I not suprised? Of course they don't want to be accountable. No-one wants ot be accountable. If we could, we'd all just do whatever the heck we wanted and not be held accountable. But it's guys like these who keep us in line with the threat of justice. But when you are the justice, then there's no one to stop you.

Prrkitty
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I like reading/watching a wide variety of news information and then sharing what I read. I do it to help give us all something to talk about.

My activity levels vary from day to day... depending on my pain level. And for the last couple of months I've been in a very very bad pain cycle (fibromyalgia). My computer is one of the things I use to help "distract me from my pain".

Kamaria
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
That's BS. Why the hell would the FBI withhold evidence? I tell you, this country seems worse and worse by the minute...

phattonez
07-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Don't worry Prry, I like these threads. These give me more information about the world than the local news, where the head story on the 11 o'clock news right now is Nicole Richie.

EDIT: The second story is Lindsay Lohan.

EDIT: The third story is a bus driver being killed by someone running a red light. Finally, it took them that long to get to a real story.

Prrkitty
07-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks hon. I've come to enjoy cussing/discussing stuff with y'all. I get a wide range of thoughts and opinions about things from everyone and it helps me expand my views and opinions on things.

On topic... I don't remember who is in control of the CIA/FBI/etc? Who do they answer to for the mistakes they make? The President?

The_Amaster
07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh, no, don't take it as any sort of criticism. I like reading then as well. It's just I noticed that you post more news articles then everyone else combined.

Topic: *scoff* The President? I hope not. If they answer to the pres, you can expect a full round of pardons.

phattonez
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
^^I hope that's an attack on the presidency and not the current president. Look at the kinds of people that Clinton pardoned. Bush didn't even completely pardon Libby (although he should have stayed away from the situation completely).

Aegix Drakan
07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
They should be held accountable for their actions. And yet *NO ONE* is willing to stand up and be accountable for what they do and how they do it.

...that's because anyone who tries to do so diaapears in the middle of the night.

that's a pretty big turn off, in my opinon.

but yeah, The CIA and FBI really should be made to follow the laws. especially after the crap they pulled on Maher Arar. He's a freaking Canadian for crying out loud, and just because he wasn't born here, they start pulling crap on him.

...oy... well, you know what they say, Absolute power corrupts Absolutely.