PDA

View Full Version : Hey L

Freedom
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Darknut:
misc1: 1 = fire weapon continuously, 2 = split into enemies.
misc2: ID of enemy to split into.
misc3: number of enemies to split into.

So how do I determine the enemies ID number?
If I want my custom made Helmasaur to split into two lesser custom made Helmasaur's then how do I determine it's ID number, and their ID number?

Dan Furst
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Look in std.zh for the IDs. Enemies are in the NPC_ group and are listed alphabetically. Note these are defaults, so if you move enemies around the list, the numbers can change. Enemies you add use the original e### from the enemy list.

Freedom
07-26-2007, 06:02 PM
So it looks like you are saying the Helmasaur I created can't be split into two lesser Helmasaurs that I also created because they don't have unique ID numbers.
I looked in the std.zh and it seems to not update with the enemies that I have created.

How can I tell (remember) the e### number I used, does it add it in the std.zh somewhere I didn't see?
I didn't see them in there anywhere, I've made 4 enemies of different types and added them.

hello
07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Are you guys taking about zc ver 2.11 becuse theres enemy errors i've seen to alot they need to make less bugy versions becuse i've noticed the higher the version the more you can do but also the more bugy they are.

Nicholas Steel
07-26-2007, 08:00 PM
there improving at a astronomical rate hello :)

DarkDragon
07-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Freedom, you're right, I don't think there's a way to check the enemy id of a custom enemy you've created from within the editor. You could try using the id that is one higher than any of the enemy other ids in std.zh.

Dan Furst
07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
You should be able to start at 177 and just try every number up to the first e### number still visible in your enemy list. Sure it's annoying but it shouldn't take that long, depending on how many custom enemies you've already made.

I agree that, perhaps when you edit an enemy, it's (non-editable) numerical ID should be displayed somewhere.

Freedom
07-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I've only created 5 so I'll be able to figure it out pretty quick.
From now on I'll add the name in front of the number and leave the number for reference.
I think the one I'm looking for is the third one I created.

_L_
07-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Minor annoyance fixed (http://www.shardstorm.dreamhosters.com/)!

Freedom
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Cool.... Thanks!

Gleeok
07-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes, finally! My first run at enemy making I scrapped because I forgot to list the ID's. And it's annoying looking at a bunch of long enemy names with numbers also. Thanks _L_, thats great work.

ShadowMancer
07-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Yay! you saved me from haveing to start makeing my quest over from scratch. I starting piddleing with the item editor and forgot what ID was what... so Thankyou _L_ :)

Freedom
08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Another question.

When you changed the "s" tile on the splitting darknuts so we could set their split graphic to other than the default location, did you remove the default location?
All my darknuts now have lost their split graphics, and I know I can set these, and I have a few and they work, isn't this going to break all older quests?
Shouldn't they be set to default unless something else is chosen?