PDA

View Full Version : wow, what're the odds?

Beldaran
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Yesterday I took my fiancee to the airport. After walking her to the security checkpoint and saying goodbye, I headed back out of the airport. Before leaving, I stopped and bought an orange juice at a little airport cafe. I decided to sit down and drink it.

So I sit down and standing directly in front of me, waiting in some line, are the real Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade. Mike and Jerry, just standing there with their shit looking bored. I sort of wanted to get an autograph, but I didn't want to seem annoying so I just left them alone.

Still, that's crazy. What're the odds of just randomly seeing the creators of a website you read all the time at the airport? That's funny.

Notes: Gabe is really, really tall. Much taller than I thought. I thought Tycho was just really short and chubby, but Tycho's like a normal guy and Gabe is just tall and thin.

Mitsukara
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Cool. You should've brought a camera.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
You should have talked to them, and shamelessly plugged AGN. With any luck, we'd get a front page mention and enough traffic to kill the server. Way to drop the ball, Bel. :p

Beldaran
07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
What would I say?

"Hey guys, I post on this website that doesn't do anything except allow you to post. You should totally write a big article about it."

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-26-2007, 12:04 AM
"Hey guys, I post on this website that doesn't do anything except allow you to post. You should totally write a big article about it."

Psh. You've got to think more strategically, Bel. Start out by discussing pokemon, as is the current front page topic. Compliment Gabe on his recent actions at the tournement. Slip in a word about this website you frequent. Mention that Zelda Classic is still alive and well, and now contains powerful features that could be used to make comprehensive pokemon styled quests.

Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom. Deal is sealed, and AGN gets a mention.

Beldaran
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Surprisingly, AGN is not on my mind 24 hours a day and so it isn't the first thing I think of everytime I see something neat.:)

phattonez
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Psh. You've got to think more strategically, Bel. Start out by discussing pokemon, as is the current front page topic. Compliment Gabe on his recent actions at the tournement. Slip in a word about this website you frequent. Mention that Zelda Classic is still alive and well, and now contains powerful features that could be used to make comprehensive pokemon styled quests.

Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom. Deal is sealed, and AGN gets a mention.

But then AGN gets an influx of newbs and all the veterans leave because they get tired of dealing with stupid new people.

Penny Arcade will be the doom of AGN.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-26-2007, 12:19 AM
But then AGN gets an influx of newbs and all the veterans leave because they get tired of dealing with stupid new people.
Perhaps this is why AGN is declining presently?

Also, Bel, I suppose I have to forgive you. This time. :D

phattonez
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
It's declining because of a lack of activity, and who knows what caused that.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the hacking and shutdowns and all that.

Mitsukara
07-26-2007, 02:31 AM
It's declining because of a lack of activity, and who knows what caused that.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the hacking and shutdowns and all that.
Also fueds and people being assholes to each other, along with tension and misunderstanding building upon previous incidents until some people either get frustrated and leave permanently, or they get tired of seeing the drama and stick to some other forum(s) they go to, or back up and only post occasionally, avoiding primary dramas.

*whistles*

The_Amaster
07-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Dude, forget being annoying, grab the autograph. Ah well.

Something tells me if ZC2.5 causes a huge flood like some hope, some of the current new but intelligent members will be elevated to veteran status pretty quickly, and we'll have more good people again.

Archibaldo
07-26-2007, 12:56 PM
That's pretty cool. Seeing 'celebrities' in public is a little exciting. I have never seen any one 'famous' in just the general public. But when I went to New York on a class trip in grade 11. The guy I was rooming with saw Donald Trump. He was too nervous to ask for a picture but his girlfriend went up and asked him for one. Next thing you know, the guy was standing beside Donald Trump posing for a picture. Apparently he's a very busy man as he was tellign them to hurry up because he was late for a meeting.

Bel, if you saw they looked bored I'm sure they wouldn't have minded you coming to talk to them.