PDA

View Full Version : 2.10 Dungeon Maps

Twinblake
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I've figured out how to make a custom dungeon map using version 2.10 (by making the tiles then using the "After map" tab in the DMAP menu) but when you move in the dungeon, you can't tell which rooms you've been to and which ones you haven't. I've tried drawing out the dungeon map on the first page of the DMAP editor, but when you view the map in the game, it looks really bad. It looks like having two maps on top of each other. Is there anyway to make it show which rooms you've been in?

Freedom
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
It shows what rooms you have been in on the big map in the subscreen. (press enter)
If it's not showing up, it's probably because you have the foreground and background colors the same in misc. colors.

In the top link in my sig you can go to my page and download SwanSong and look in it to see how maps are set up.
The password is gleeok3

Twinblake
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I know how to make my dungeon map show which rooms I've been in, but I made a custom map. When you show the original dungeon map on top of the one I made, it looks bad. I'm trying to make it show what rooms you go to in a different color, like in any of the gameboy zelda games. I've seen it done in Shoelace's Hero of Dreams quest.

Freedom
07-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Shoelace had the same complaint you do, they got erased as you visited rooms.
Maybe he'll be in and advise you. ;)