PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Vick & the dog fighting allegations...

Prrkitty
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I couldn't have worded this news report ANY better:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290499,00.html

The guy doesn't deserve to be a role model for anyone any more.

Beldaran
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't think athletes deserve to be role models anyway. They toss balls around and get paid millions of dollars. Our society has retarded priorities. I think researchers, doctors, scientists, artists, and engineers should be role models.

I like to watch some sports, but I wouldn't consider any of those knuckle draggers my role model.

Glenn the Great
07-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't have a problem with dog fighting. It is a victimless crime. I am interested in the syringes though.

4matsy
07-24-2007, 06:33 PM
victimless

The dogs.

Duh.

*konks Glenn on teh head with a silly-looking mallet*

King Aquamentus
07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think athletes deserve to be role models anyway. They toss balls around and get paid millions of dollars. Our society has retarded priorities. I think researchers, doctors, scientists, artists, and engineers should be role models.

This is where Social Stratification backfired. Instead of rewarding the crucial, important, high skill jobs with more money, we give it to what is basically entertainment and WATCHING others compete and work out.

phattonez
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Why is this trial going to be in a federal court and not a state court?

biggiy05
07-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't have a problem with dog fighting. It is a victimless crime. I am interested in the syringes though.

The world would stand still if you weren't such a morbid asshole for 24 hours.

Glitch
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Time for another star to learn he's not above the law

Masamune
07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
So I noticed he was black.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Time for another star to learn he's not above the law

Amen. This is exactly what I'm hoping happens to Lindsay Lohan. I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but nothing would please me more right now than to see her put behind bars for a couple months, or more.

Oh, and dog fighting is bad and Vick whomever should be punished. Because dog fighting is bad.

Also, if I had not just given you Rep, Biggiy, I would give you some more.

biggiy05
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Masa don't spam. Post something relevant or don't post at all.

Aegix Drakan
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM

I like to watch some sports, but I wouldn't consider any of those knuckle draggers my role model.

QFT

Once again, Beldaran wins another point from me.

erm2003
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree Beldaran.

You know, his brother Marcus has had a lot of trouble with the law. Someone even put all the information in Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Vick

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael has been involved with these things for a long time. It sounds like problems are just running through the family.

I am not a huge fan of Vick, either one for that matter. I don't feel a huge loss if he doesn't play again as a result of these charges.

deathbyhokie
07-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Why is this trial going to be in a federal court and not a state court?

I think it has something to do with the alleged dog fighting going across state lines. So it's no longer a state matter.

phattonez
07-24-2007, 11:50 PM
^^There's a good explanation, I thought that this was all happening at his house. Thanks.

Beldaran
07-25-2007, 01:44 AM
My understanding is that the operation at his house was part of a larger dog fighting ring that spanned several states.

Gerudo
07-25-2007, 10:39 AM
because i'm quite sure if someone like Bret Farvre or Steve Young (only two that popped in my head right away) had done this, they would have gotten a slap on the wrist and told "NO!".

in the event that you are associating blacks with most illegal activity, true or not, please try to keep your racism to yourself. it's alright if it's between friends, i'll even admit that i am racist as a joke with a few of my friends, both irl and online, but i'll NEVER say anything in public.

on-topic here...

i saw this story when it broke, and i must say it's absolutely disgusting. the hilarious thing is that if he goes to jail, he'll only have to spend a long time in a jail cell, not have to endure the inhumane treatment he and his associates inflicted upon these dogs, which is quite pathetic. i bet if people started getting back what they dish out, there'd be a whole lot less crime.

The_Amaster
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
All athletes seem ot have a massive superiority complex, and it drives me crazy. Same with celebrities. In fact, anyone who makes obscene amounts of money to appear on television seems to have a massive superiority complex. Sometimes I wish we could just take these people and really show them that the world does not revolve around them! Arghhh, so frustrating.

phattonez
07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Imagine how cheap it would be to go to games if the players made salaries that were maxed out at just $1 million a year.

Masamune
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
because i'm quite sure if someone like Bret Farvre or Steve Young (only two that popped in my head right away) had done this, they would have gotten a slap on the wrist and told "NO!".
Exactly. Does anyone remember what happened to those MLB players who got caught using steroids? I forget who they were, but what punishment did they serve?

phattonez
07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
They get 50 game suspensions now when they are first caught.

Cloral
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
And Palmero was essentially driven from the sport when he was found to be juicing up.