PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey will host The Price is Right

erm2003
07-24-2007, 06:49 AM
I just heard about the news this morning. I have always liked Drew Carey for all the improv work he has done on his show and on Who's Line. I really think this is a great idea. At first it will probably be hard filling in Bob Barker's shoes but as the show becomes more of his own I think he will do a fantastic job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070724/ap_en_tv/tv_price_carey_24

Glitch
07-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah I heard about this and am actually pretty pleased with this choice. I've always been a Drew Carey fan and it seems like this will be a really good job for him.

phattonez
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
This is so much better than Rosie O'Donnel. I don't think that they could have done any better.

Masamune
07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Meh.. Not really a Drew Carey fan. :shrug:

The_Amaster
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, there's no one like Bob Barker, but if they have to replace him, they could do a lot worse than Drew Carey.

biggiy05
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, there's no one like Bob Barker, but if they have to replace him, they could do a lot worse than Drew Carey.

Yeah like Rosie O'Donnel. That show would lose ratings so fast.

mrz84
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
I may start watching it again. I watched the Price is Right whenever I was bored of Summer reruns and this bit of news make be what I was hoping for. :kitty:

phattonez
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM
This will easily change the show. This may actually make the show even better with some added comedy. Hopefully he doesn't let the player's cheat like Bob Barker did.

Masamune
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
http://barkergonewild.ytmnd.com/

Bob Barker rules.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
The only person who could have filled Bob's shoes to a tee would probably have been Regis Philbin, but he's also kinda old. Plus, I'm pretty sure ABC has some pretty tight non-compete clauses in his contract.

I think Drew will do a pretty good job; far better than Rosie O'Donnell. I also think it's a mistake to look for somebody who'd be a carbon copy of Bob, and the changes that will occur will likely be for the best.

Pineconn
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Not a bad choice at all, Drew Carey. I've liked him since Who's Line, so I don't mind the decision. I think he'll do well.

Lol, they just announced this over the radio about 10 seconds ago!

Dechipher
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Regis would be a show-killer. Drew would bring in some younger viewers, Regis would just piss me off.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Drew will bring youth and vitality to the show, but not too much, which will work very well, I think. Whatever happens, I'm eagerly looking forward to the future of the Price is Right.

Ha, whoever thought that The Price Is Right would be a hot topic of discussion?

Archibaldo
07-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Well he's got the charisma for it.

Pineconn
07-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Drew would bring in some younger viewers [...]

Drew will bring youth and vitality to the show, but not too much, which will work very well, I think. [...]

Yes, because 49 years old is so very young! ;) [/sarcasm]

phattonez
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Compared to Bob Barker, yes, very young.

erm2003
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't forget too the Drew Carey show started in 1995. So he has been a presence on TV for 12 years. A lot of people know his name and his shows did appeal to younger audiences. His popularity will help some of that carry over to The Price is Right.

TheNewLink
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I like this decision because it's... courageous? It'll be a big change; Drew Carey's a comedian, Bob Barker was a, I dunno, not-a-comedian. I applaud the willingness to take risks. And I like Drew Carey.

Yes, because 49 years old is so very young! [/sarcasm]
Does anyone else think comedians always seem young? I just read Dave Barry Turns 50 (which isn't even a very recent book) and I kept thinking "huh? He's 50 already?!" and now Drew Carey is getting there. It's like that one Twilight Zone episode.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM

You beat me to it, Phats. Compared to Bob, Drew is almost literally half as young.

Drew Carey's a comedian, Bob Barker was a, I dunno, not-a-comedian.

Bob wasn't a stand up comedian, but he had a lot of stage presence and a certain relaxed sense of humor that suited him very well. After all those years, it's obvious that he's very comfortable in front of people and loves toying with contestants. Drew isn't radically different, but he's not going to emulate Bob's trademark style, I think, which is good.

War Lord
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I guess I'm one of the few in the WTF category.
I despise Drew Carey. There's always been something about him I just don't like.

phattonez
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
He seems really down to earth to me, maybe you just don't like his glasses.

Pineconn
07-27-2007, 12:02 AM

Haha, very true.

But it's just gonna feel weird, turning on the tube at 11:00 A.M. and seeing Drew Carey. But I'm up for it. But the only problem is that the models were called Barker's Beauties. I wonder what they'll be now, either Drew's Dreams or Carey's... um, Carcasses?

phattonez
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
It would be weird for me watch The Price is Right at 11 AM, it's always been at 10 AM over here.

noobboy
08-01-2007, 11:56 PM
lol the show will never be the same without bob barker
even though I dont watch that show or hardly ever television

Mitsukara
08-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Far out. Wouldn't have expected that one.

I don't love Drew Carey, but he's fairly entertaining and has a good manner about him. I think he'll do okay. Ought to be interesting though.

Personally, while he was "classic" and all that... I never really have liked Bob Barker too much. He's okay, I just always get the feeling he's an asshole behind the scenes. I could be wrong though, I don't really know the guy; his manner just seems so fake and hammed up though.

"You're garbage! Human garbage!" XD Futarama FTW.

I wonder what they'll be now, either Drew's Dreams or Carey's... um, Carcasses?
Carey's Cu-

Whoooooooa. Nevermind. *goes to find some soap for the keyboard*

Tygore
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I can't help but think that the whole Rosie O'Donnel thing was just a ploy to get people to be OK with whoever they picked instead.

Yeah, it'll be strange without Bob, but I think Drew Carey will be OK- as long as he doesn't take a cue from Whose Line and make one of the Showcase players host while he bids on their Showcase.

noobboy
08-04-2007, 03:23 AM
lol I always suspected bob barker is mean behind scenes